Made a post in a thread but it was edited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted it 9 hours prior to posting this thread according to forum time. Then, according to forum time, it was edited about 6 hours later. Now, it changed back to being edited immediately after I posted it. I did edit it a few minutes after due to grammar, but regardless yesterday I saw it as 6 hours later. Must have been a forum glitch or something. It's fine now. I recently found a bunch of keyloggers on my PC so I'm being a little paranoid.

Why does it say my post was edited 2 hours ago? I just woke up from a 8 hour sleep. What was edited and who edited it?
It does say that you edited it. If it were someone else, like a Forum Leader, it would have their name there. That can't be changed.

This is a good time for a reminder that you are responsible for your account at Tech-Forums. However it happens, if it would happen, that someone posts using your account and they break the rules, you'll get the infraction(s) and the banning if it's appropriate. You might want to make sure that you don't leave your computer logged in when you're not around or awake and that you change the password if you have had a keylogger.

Probably a glitch... Also, it's only a T.F. account.
Only a Tech-Forums account? I'll remember that.

Dave :D

It does say that you edited it. If it were someone else, like a Forum Leader, it would have their name there. That can't be changed.

This is a good time for a reminder that you are responsible for your account at Tech-Forums. However it happens, if it would happen, that someone posts using your account and they break the rules, you'll get the infraction(s) and the banning if it's appropriate. You might want to make sure that you don't leave your computer logged in when you're not around or awake and that you change the password if you have had a keylogger.

Only a Tech-Forums account? I'll remember that.

Dave :D

I meant: it's my whole life's effort of 6k post. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom