m.tech-forums?

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
Will we end up seeing a m.tech-forums?
Somethmg a little quicker and simplified for the phones?

Not that the Phones can't run it but something easier on the processor/battery.

Posted from my BlackBerry Torch on the Telus network.

No. This has been brought up a dozen or more times. vB has not made it easy to make a mobile based skin. I have asked about it and this was the exact answer i got. A Mobile skin is not going to be coming to TF. Sorry.

Opera runs it very well btw!

Opera has yet to release a O/S 6 supported browser.
Hopefully soon since there are more BBs now running 6.

I am a little suprised that VB isn't releasing anythng thought.
Was just curious if something was Being developed.
Webkit is running it fine. FYI.

Posted from my BlackBerry Torch on the Telus network.

I have brought it up myself. As i cant access the site on my phone for the simple reason that the site is to large. I cant login or view anything cause i have to scroll 15 times to see anything. This is something that i have talked about a lot and sadly there is no real resolution.

yeah, we are all in favor of a mobile skin, but vB has made it impossible.

^^ If that is the case would it be worth putting Tapatalk back on the table? The issue with it that Mak mentioned being a deal breaker last time seems to have been resolved since then. I've used the XDA Developers app for Android which is powered by tapatalk and it blows away every mobile skin I have seen.

It is available for iOS, Android, Blackberry and Symbian so it even supports all major platforms.

Sadly the problem with those types of things is they DESTROY topic titles. I know of a site that is on Tapatalk and there is not a single topic that has a title anymore, it is all a bunch of numbers so that it can be viewed on a cell phone. That defeats the purpose and will negate the use of Topic Titles. It will also make it much more difficult for users on the main site to see or know what is going on. Sorry but we cant have that. If you want to see what i am talking about just visit this site:

TheTechArea.com

all but dead now, but as you can see not a single topic title is anything but numbers. We cant have that kinda confusion here.

Back
Top Bottom