images on posts - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii
Thumbs down images on posts

Is it just me, or did ya'll make it so we can't post images to the boards anymore? only links?.. well, I don't like that one bit, and I see no reason for it.. You can make a limit on image sizes and amount of images per post if you were worried about that..

Old 10-14-2004, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

I think its beter this way. Lots of people post 1600x1200 screenshots. It takes a while to load especially with dial-up and it fills the entire page and you need to scroll left-right.

yeah, maybe there should be a size limit or something....but rules don't really work, lots of people don't read them.

I think there should be some PHP script wich only allows 100KB max images for example.

Old 10-14-2004, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

well that's what I did on my board, nothing larger than an 800x600 can be posted, although.. size of course will matter, but i'm sure there's scripts for that. I usually just post a *56k* in the subject line which will let people know.. but then again it'll still take forever to load the images for them where they could just click it one by one.. it's cool, that was just my opinion hehe
Old 10-14-2004, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

Graphics are ON, but they have a size limitation now.

Dave
Old 10-14-2004, 11:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

w00t.. but why is it when i posted they only came up as urls?.. does it check the images when a members looks at the post and if they excede the limit, they change to urls? hmm kinda cool
Old 10-15-2004, 02:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to sippin codeine
Thumbs down

I also noticed that when a user attaches an image file, I click the link and it wants to download the image, on other boards I visit it opens in the browser automatically. Just a suggestion.

Delphi Enterprise 6 - 7
VB 6.0 - 2005 EE
Closed Thread