Idea for tech-forums

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Was thinking this morning here at Home. Why dont tech-forums have some sort of practical user based online course. You know what a mean. Here in the UK we have Learn direct, and thus thinking on the same principal why dont you gyes set up an Interactive course in wich to gain Acutal Qualifications.

Now thing is, I my self am Disabled, and dispite being able to get out and about once, at best twice a day here at Home in the UK, I spend alot of Time on the Computer, and Running the IE.v9, I have the forums open 24\7, even if I'm not loged in, and still check every day on new threads and topics, ect.

If, their was an Opertunity, why not have tech-forums gain, employ, have, or hire more People to moderate with the in House Courses.. Whatever the word. You see what I'm trying to say, some sort of Online course..

Ideas could be:

Unix\Linux Based Programing,
Hardwere Trouble shooting,
Microsoft Desktop Surport,
Security Based Application Programing (of some sort),

Now this is just an Idea, and in no way is Final, as in I probs have'nt fully thought it threw, but I'm just thinking from a perspective of a Disabled Person, myself. And haveing alot of time on my hands, why not even do some sort of in House Cert's, for people "that are willing to participate" .

Also I know my spelling is Poor so please excuse that. :whistle:

We do have a lot of guides and tutorials already. For all those that you posted above.

You have to read the site a little more. :lol:

The first problem, online schools for actual qualifications are few and far between. Just look at places like Phoenix online and you will see that there are very few credible online places to learn.

Next comes in the fact that even if we did, who is to say that the person didnt cheat? I mean as you said yourself, your sitting at home in the UK while I sit here at my home in NY, USA. Being the teacher the only thing I would have to go on would be your word that you did the course work without coming to a site such as this to get answers or using Google, Bing or one of the trillion other sources. Any credible online learning facility will not use online courses for technological training as they want to see the person and know they are actually doing the work and learning it. It is why such places as Phoenix University doesnt offer IT courses online.

Another issue, getting accredited by a school board or some place to actually have our "degree" mean something. You dont think that the A+, Net+, Cisco and other such courses cost that much cause the people want to make nothing but profit? No. Some where along the line for those course to mean something they had to put their course work through some federal scrunity (At least here in the US for the degree to be able to be used country wide) in order to have it count for something. If not anyone could just print off a degree from the internet and say they got it from some "university" that no one ever heard of. Only the federal govt can make it credible.

Last but not least that would mean that TF would no longer be free to use. As getting the funds to put our course work through federal scrunity would cost some serious cash. That wouldnt even include the amount of money needed to have our "degree" mean something world wide.

While good in theory, bad in reality.

Very true, KSoD.

If someone wants to put together a tutorial to help others learn is one thing, but something involving credentials is a whole 'nother animal.

Thats excelent KSoD, really broke it down their and made me see that the likes of Learn Direct really could be not all that. But I know alot of the Online courses they do, you have a Print off a Certificate your self for your Record of Achivement file. When you leave School here in the UK at 16 if you wish, you get one given by the School or you can stay on further till 18. 6th Form.

A while back I went to a College in order to do Computing Qualifications, even thor you could do and Learn at home. You had to take the test their at the College in front of a Modirator, and all course work was Paper\File based, and then Assesed in the Tests online in front of a Modirator.

I never knew you had to be Qualified threw Federal Security, and gota admit I'm not sure who would award the likes of a Degree, here in the UK. You have the likes of OCR I think and City and Guilds wich is fair enuf, but not sure as to that level of Qualified Status.

:)

Back
Top Bottom