Idea for the forums - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2006, 01:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Idea for the forums

Well, you cannot deny the fact that MANY of the posts in the hardware section are about someone needing help for building a computer. That's why I have came up with an idea.

The Idea:
There should be a section in the 2 different computer hardware sections that has a few different options for computers to build. The General PC's section would have 3 builds from bare-necesities to a mid-range budget PC (if there was a high-end budget, that would practically be a low to mid range gaming system). The High Performance section would have 3 builds ranging from mid-range gaming to Uber-high-end gaming, with possibly a fourth for low-end gaming.

How it would work:
I say there should be a small group of people (or just the mods) that edit the builds every month, or other month. (And special edits when things are released). Now, I don't know if it's entirely possibly, but this would be one way to get it to work. There's a small "committee" of about 25 people who would vote on new builds everytime there needed to be a change. The group of people could possibly have their own (hidden) section where they would do the voting. Having at least one mod in the group who would edit the builds after every voting session. Parts would get nominated for change by any member of the group, with at least 2 alternatives. The part would be voted, and changed for the next edit. If no part gets nominated, then it would stay the same through the next edit.

Mid-range Gaming $1000 limit

Processor: $114.99 AMD Athlon 3500+ AM2
Motherboard: $95.99 ASUS M2N-E
Video Card: $164.99 eVGA 7600GT
Hard Drive: $84.99 Western Digital 250GB SATAII
Monitor: $219.99 ViewSonic VA712B-1 17" LCD
RAM: $149.00 G.Skill 2GB Dual Channel DDR2-533
Case: $124.99 Antec Performance I P180
DVD Burner: $27.99 NEC DVD Burner
Sound Card: $64.99 Creative Audigy2 ZS

Total comes to $972.93 on Newegg.
Now, it's sort of late here, and I'm tired, so please forgive any mispelling or if I didn't make anything clear. I would like to get feedback from people interested in persuing this idea, and from the mods if this idea is at all possible. Thank you.

[Edit] Sorry mods, didn't think about puting in the Feedback/Suggestions section. Hopefully people will still notice it here.

<br><br><font color=\"black\"><b>There's No Place Like </b></font><font color=\"red\"><b></b></font><br>
Old 07-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to MrZucchiniHead

you can make a better 1k build than that, i made one with a 7900Gt once, but i deleted my newegg wishlists.

id be gald to be one of the people who update it every month, but i think everytime a new major piece of hardware is better than every month ot every other month.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Check mine out. 7900gt ko superclocked, X2 3800+ etc..

Pretty good, I think.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

That was just an example. I could definitally get a better $1000 system. But, I added in the monitor. Either way, just an example.

Now, hopefully the mods like the idea, and more people see this thread.
<br><br><font color=\"black\"><b>There's No Place Like </b></font><font color=\"red\"><b></b></font><br>
Closed Thread