Idea about fighting spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
well recently i had an idea that could help the mods delete and ban spammers quicker before they get a lot of threads out. How hard would it be to give some regulars that don't act like idiots and who wouldn't abuse the privilege, the ability to give temporary bans?

Because i think if the mods had a little help from people to temporarily ban spammers, then pm a mod to delete the thread and ban the member it would really cut down on the amount of spam on the forum. Especially about stopping the cell phone spammer who keeps coming back and back.

Ideas? thoughts? Throw downs?

Luke,

I dont think that would be possible. The way the user groups are set up there is no way to give just certain permissions like that. It would end up creating a whole new user group. If it was even possible. Which it should be.

But then comes in teh process of selecting who would get that kind of power and who wouldnt. Cause while it can be used for good it could also be used to temp ban anyone that a person doesnt like ot has a arguement with as well.

We have a decent system. If there is spam that stays on for a while it is usually late at night when most of us US Mods are sleeping. We get it first thing in the morning.

The report feature would be better than PM anyways cause you might PM a Mod that isnt on or wont be on for a while. ;)

It has potential but there are just as many downs as there are ups.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom