how much is this worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
I know it's not to big of a deal but you always see people posting stuff like this on different forums..and sometimes(*** I'm NOT trying to be rude ***) people want a lot more than what it really worth in B/S/T. Example: want $700 for a 3 month old comp when you can build it new for $725-750

Anyway, the suggestion is why not have some sort of price asking forum as a sub-forum of b/s/t. Like how there is a air cooling subforum for the tweaking forum. I think it'd be pretty nifty. Gonna sell some parts/gamesystem/etc just post there and get a general idea of how much people would pay..then post it on the b/s/t forum. Probably would cut down on the post without prices that mods have to lock.

Just a thought :\ no clue if it's been suggested before though

But if people would follow the rules and post a price then there wouldnt be a need for this. If people would bother to read the rules of the area and see that the very first thing stated is to post a price, then there wouldnt be a need for this sub-forum or for locking of the thread until a price is set.

That is why that rule was put in place. To stop all this non-sense of "What is it worth" cause no one will ever agree on that aspect. Cause it will always be worth more to those that built it than to those who are buying it.

So really why create yet another sub-forum when all we have to do is enforce the rules. It is far simplier to enforce people to follow the rules we have in place rather than create a hostile environment in which lowballing and fights will be the name of the game.

Giving people a place where they can ask about prices is only going to cause problems. Cause someone will say something uncalled for or unreasonable which will get someone else upset and from there it will lead to people getting into trouble for breaking rules.

It is far simpler to have them follow the rules we have in place and keep the lowballing and negotiations out of the forums.

I know there are rules against that in b/s/t that say people shouldn't post without a price..but I do think it would help for those without a clue. There are also rules inplace that state you can't comment on the prices so if people follow the rules that wouldn't be a hassle.

Plus you always get random threads like
What is this worth? - Computer Forums

I know the idea came off sounding like a way to prevent rule breakers. But I wasn't meaning for it just to do that. Just a way of asking prices.

And if you are going to go with the "more forums to police" well, you could say that for the cooling subforum . I think having cooling questions mixed in with tweaking wasn't causing any trouble.

Thanks for reading it over though, mak

So instead of a BST forum you mean something more along the lines of a price checker forum?

I dont want to get into the chat about the Cooling Subforum. Still a sore spot for some of us. :p

But i understand what you are saying, but i am trying to figure out if it is really worth it. I mean while we do get a few topics here and there about the price checking, they are less and less lately as most people are not trying to sell their PC's anymore. With no one out there to buy them.

I can see the point of having them, but at the same time i can see a big point not to. Cause like i previously posted it will be a sore spot for many when they think they should get X amount of $ for a machine when everyone else will say X amount less than they think.

To me i see it as being a hot spot for arguements. Cause people will sit there and say something and it will just cause bad blood.

I will converse with Trotter and see what he says.

I'm not saying to totally cut it out..maybe just a sub forum to go to.

Say I'm thinking about getting rid of a psp...post n see how much the general public would pay vs going to gamespot or something like that.

I really do see what you are saying. You post asking how much XXX is worth and someone says it's worth XXXX and you get mad saying you should get more...or it causes a big flame war because people think the value should degrade more over time..blah blah blah but I think as long as you keep it clean with just simple topics like my example instead of people asking junk like " I wanna sell my pc for $2000 when I paid $1900 for it..." and then when someone points it out the OP starts nagging :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom