How do I create a signature? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2009, 02:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via MSN to FrozenSilent
Question How do I create a signature?

Sorry for the noob question. I'm new here and I have looked everywhere but haven't found where I can add a signature. Can someone give me some steps to make a signature? and how to encode pictures into it?

btw, I think I posted in wrong section since I couldn't post in off topic section. Could a moderator please move it to the correct section for me? Thanks

Old 05-10-2009, 02:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker
Default Re: How do I create a signature?

11) New Members have certain requirements that must be met before access is granted to certain features, namely Signatures, PM (Personal Message) System, B/S/T (Buy/Trade/Sell) Forums, and the OT (Off-Topic) Forums. The requirements are as follows.

* 40 good posts to get a signature. Posting things like "LOL" or "That is some good information" will get you noticed real fast and get your signature use blocked before you even get it. A couple posts like this are fine, but 40 posts just so you can put up a link to your site will not be allowed.
* 40 posts to gain access to the PM (Personal Messenger) System.
* 40 posts to gain access to the Off Topic forum.
* 100 good posts to reach the B/S/T Area.
Regarding avatars, signatures, and special areas:

Forum privileges have been set up on usergroups. These usergroups allow for different forum privileges to be earned as members participate in the community, and thus are based on the number of posts made by members. Here is a current breakdown of those permissions and the usergroups for them:

Registered Users (0 -39 posts):

* Only forum provided avatars (currently being added)
* Profile pic, 100x100 & 62k
* Forum titles

Registered Users Extra (40 - 100 posts):

* Same as above
* Signature allowed, text only (according to the rules)
* Custom avatars allowed, 80x80 & 20k

Registered Users Extra BST (100 - 249 posts):

* Same as above
* Custom avatars allowed, 100x100 & 27k
* Graphics and text sigs allowed, maximum size of 300 x 100 & 20k (accoding to the rules)
* Buy/Sell/Trade forum available

Registered Users Extra 2 (250+ posts):

* Same as above
* Custom avatars allowed, 120x120 & 30k
* Graphics and Text sigs allowed, maximum size of 600 x 150 & 30k (according to the rules)
* Custom forum titles.

Any and all of these privileges can be revoked, but will only be revoked if there is reasonable evidence that calls for it. Also, any member "spamming" their post count to try to gain access (such as a multitude of useless or very short "I agree" type posts) will quickly find either their posts deleted, their access revoked, or both.

Updated 03 April 2009
Located in the General rules at the top of each board.

Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: How do I create a signature?

Cant get a signature yet. Moved to Site Feedback.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread