The future of Tech-Forums

I didn't read through the entire thread, but I agree with most of what i've read.

I do think you have to reorganize to take into consideration more prevalent technologies. As it stands now TF is heavily focused on hardware - which as we all know isn't a big discussion point for most people at this point.

I personally would like to see a little more expansion in the software realm, network and enterprise business.

googles techist and we were no where to be found.
typed technology forum and there we were.

Do we wanna be like guru3d? LIke the home page have news updates and then a forum section as well?

googles techist and we were no where to be found.
typed technology forum and there we were.
It will take some time to be reindexed by search engines for the new name change ;).

Do we wanna be like guru3d? LIke the home page have news updates and then a forum section as well?

The problem with that is that we would pretty much have to have a couple of people doing full-time news stuff, otherwise I'd just see it dying out.

Really? What is so hard in logging on to google webmaster tools and adding more tags 'techist'? The website doesn't come up if you search 'techist', but the old address does if you search 'techist forums'!
2hcer85.png

I thought you were trying to get rid of the word 'forum'!
You messed up the search so badly that google thinks you made a spelling mistake!:p

It will take some time to be reindexed by search engines for the new name change ;).

The problem with that is that we would pretty much have to have a couple of people doing full-time news stuff, otherwise I'd just see it dying out.

Pretty sure with some clever tricks we can pull news topics from other tech websites and post them on a portal page automatically...

Pretty sure with some clever tricks we can pull news topics from other tech websites and post them on a portal page automatically...

Correct - XDA does this on their news portal.

Just a matter of if we want to have a portal or not. I know we tried it at one point, but we ended up reverting back to just a forum. Wasn't much content being put out on the portal when we had it up, either. I've been going to [H]ardForum for most of my random tech news stuff.

Back
Top Bottom