The future of Tech-Forums

As an idea we could AFTER the new site is up and running in X time send an E Mail to all Registered addresses that have been or are a part of the site to inform them of the changes. Promote the site in a way, to bring back older member who haven't been hear for years. If you look at the bottom of the main screen their is over 80.000 Registered users and only a hand full of active member on a regular basis.

Also what about having Video content from the Mods demenstrating services \ products available for us folk to by from our local retailer.

Also and finally what about having a personal members area like FB as in we all have out own Account. I know we have this at the minute but what I'm saying is FB, the Like Button and mabie have a dislike button. A space to converge with other members and share a online friendship. Kinda taking ideas from FB. Post user contributed Video content. Since video is readily available in a lot of places not just YT.

What I'm saying is the likes of FB, is we can take ideas with out causing any legal issues and use them hear. Look at other sights and see how it can work best for us.

Have a Dedicated section on Polls for users to engage in. Remove some of the restrictions on new member sign up. Have a guest account is possible and finally have a better lay out what I know has all ready been mentioned.

I am probably one of the few people/members that does NOT have a smartphone or a tablet due to the following: I am either at my office or at home most of the time and have PC's at each place. If I am not at either of these 2 places then I do NOT want to be "connected ", so I guess I am "old school" . I think about 10 people have my cell phone number and they all know to call the office or my house first. So, as long as I can access, post ,etc. using a PC I think bringing new stuff, and a new look is a good thing as long as the content includes PC gaming, PC help,etc. . It is unbelievable to me that this site is not used more my more people - I know I have referred numerous people - but have yet to actually have one of them become a member. I know in my few years here I have learned sooo much and I am generally grateful as the knowledge I have gained has saved me many hours of grief and quite a bit of cash.. I guess it just points out he general laziness of people and the lack of wanting to learn on their own. What a shame.

Last edited:
^TF used to be really active back several years ago, up until around 2009-2010-ish I'd say. Activity started to decrease slowly around that time, and then really dropped off after that. I'm the same way - I definitely learned a lot from TF, just by lurking around for a bit and then eventually contributing to troubleshooting.

not sure about the future
however I really do not like this new "techist" name

my honest feelings about "techist"
sounds cheesy, childish and lame...

I don't want to be hurtful/ disrespectful for whoever came out with that but it's really weird. Sorry about my earlier words, I just had to get it out there.
Hopefully I get over this, idk why it's bothering me so much...just ignore me I guess..

^TF used to be really active back several years ago, up until around 2009-2010-ish I'd say. Activity started to decrease slowly around that time, and then really dropped off after that. I'm the same way - I definitely learned a lot from TF, just by lurking around for a bit and then eventually contributing to troubleshooting.

I dropped off from TF from around 2008-2011 then became full-time after 2013 I think.
I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for this FORUM...not "TECHIST" haha

Well it's all thanks to that virus that infected me which caused me to look for help.
I was never a fan of forums before this but out of desperation I joined and I really enjoyed it.
Nowadays it's all about reddit...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really a SEO guy, but how the heck does a URL play into that in all honesty? When I search for "Tech Forum" or "Technology Forum" TF is in the top 2... But search anything else and I can't find us...

Searching for Techist, doesn't even show us, but shows another online blog, techist.net, which is about technology... So what search terms do pull our new address up? So far, none that I can find really.

I just feel Techist is a bit on the... mmm.... early 90's side really.

Not really a SEO guy, but how the heck does a URL play into that in all honesty? When I search for "Tech Forum" or "Technology Forum" TF is in the top 2... But search anything else and I can't find us...

Searching for Techist, doesn't even show us, but shows another online blog, techist.net, which is about technology... So what search terms do pull our new address up? So far, none that I can find really.

I just feel Techist is a bit on the... mmm.... early 90's side really.

yay another person not happy with "techist"

doesn't even sound like a real word
It's like a made up profession.

Back on topic, the URL plays a huge role (bigger than I'd like it to) in SEO but the content and gradual move here will help search engines recognize we're the same as before and hopefully keep us near the top of results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Care to humor me in what factors makes techist more SEO friendly than the old name?
Off the top of my head I would say the lack of a hyphen and it is ".com" instead of ".net". These coupled with some of the future plan make a whole lot of sense.

Dropping the forum is the main idea. Basically says we're more of a community. Not there yet but that is part of the plan.

That also has slight drawbacks like people searching "tech forum". The redirects should mitigate that enough to be unnoticeable.

Back
Top Bottom