The future of Tech-Forums

No reason to hold back lol. I talk to a couple at work but most are just bitches.

Sent from my D6616

Lol my workplace as a whole is 75 -25 that is 75% female and 25% male.... and most the young ones are stuck up like PP says... and really piss me off, they expect me to bend over backwards for them.. forget that :cool:

Whats happening with the future plans of tech forums - techist.net. Has their been any forward movement apart from the name change? Are the Admin or Mods talking about anything behind the scenes.

Spud I'm sure things will get there soon enough, We are getting it Easter than the other forum, People usually don't like change and although it is for the better it's going to be like joining a brand new forum and getting used to where everything is and how it works for the forum joining us. So going slower will make the transition easier for all and be a lot easier to get used to changes when they only make smaller ones at a time in stead of having someone sign in and everything being completely changed.

Spud I'm sure things will get there soon enough, We are getting it Easter than the other forum, People usually don't like change and although it is for the better it's going to be like joining a brand new forum and getting used to where everything is and how it works for the forum joining us. So going slower will make the transition easier for all and be a lot easier to get used to changes when they only make smaller ones at a time in stead of having someone sign in and everything being completely changed.

Yeah there's never an easy way and you can't please everyone. Doing little changes over a long period of time tends to be more detrimental than "ripping the band-aid" off. But each situation is different.

Either way I'm sure it'll all get sorted.

Either way, we still need to setup a test environment and make sure the DB merge goes on without any major issues, which can take time to properly do.

Back
Top Bottom