The future of Tech-Forums

I have to say I'm more partial to the Tech-Forums name. Although, I get the reason for the change. Also, not being able to access the app sucks. I dropped some money for it when I first joined and I'll gladly spend some more to help get it fixed....

Someone mentioned there are 80,000 registered users. 80,000!!!!! That's a huge number...I realize most don't return after they get their questions answered. BUT, I think if weekly email blasts were sent to all users highlighting what's new with the site and hot trending threads & the latest blogs, that might spark interest and bring back users. I suggest weekly because you don't want to spam the heck out of users. The first email can be an introduction to the "new" site, reasons for the changes & what the goals for the site are going forward. Its worth a try...

A weekly email is far too much in a world full of spam and advertising. I know I would get annoyed. We're leaning towards quarterly.

A weekly email is far too much in a world full of spam and advertising. I know I would get annoyed. We're leaning towards quarterly.

I feel ya on the spam part. And maybe a weekly communication is too much. But quarterly seems too little. How about monthly? Growth is key here. If this site is moving towards blogging, blogs need to be promoted. Have you guys considered starting FB page & a Twitter account? That's another avenue to take in promoting the site...:)

I feel ya on the spam part. And maybe a weekly communication is too much. But quarterly seems too little. How about monthly? Growth is key here. If this site is moving towards blogging, blogs need to be promoted. Have you guys considered starting FB page & a Twitter account? That's another avenue to take in promoting the site...:)

We have a FB page.

lol oh my
someone's late to the party...

Ok, To be honest I much preferred Tech-forums, I think just better graphics would increase membership and like others have said, new topics, reviews, news etc...

Techist doesnt really flag up as a forums,, plus when I search it, it doesnt hit top results at all!!

Back
Top Bottom