The future of Tech-Forums

We'll get the app fixed ASAP. We need to get a new app provider. The old one is no longer in business. We'll work on this right now.

As for the merger, no posts/threads on either site will be lost. All the content from Computer Forums will be imported into Techist.com. That includes, threads, posts, PMs, everything. This will not only increase the vibrancy of the forums (more posts) but also the organic search traffic we get.

We'll get the app fixed ASAP. We need to get a new app provider. The old one is no longer in business. We'll work on this right now.

As for the merger, no posts/threads on either site will be lost. All the content from Computer Forums will be imported into Techist.com. That includes, threads, posts, PMs, everything. This will not only increase the vibrancy of the forums (more posts) but also the organic search traffic we get.
Glad to hear about moving forward on the app. Tapatalk works well enough but I sort of miss the app.

I have been to Computer Forums and like the members that I have interacted with over there. I am looking forward to getting us all under one virtual roof.

Needs a space!!!! :tongue:
Z5JVYxX.png

Sounds like it's going to be a long task... I went there and they have similar stuff as we do, but, there are some sections that are vastly different.

Will importing their database into ours possibly have issues? Being serious... Is there a way to test merging the two databases together to see if it goes off without a hitch? This may be a good time to put the Tech-Forums test group into action for once. :p

Last edited:
Given just the amount of issues I've had with my android and the resolutions posted on here - I can see expansion being very valuable..whether this is a replacement for the former format or whether this leads to the development of a more "targeted" site will have to be partially gauged by who may not receive it that way or where dissatisfaction may lie.

I like the font format, the structure, the members here and the enthusiasm - but I'm a little surprised that it doesn't seem "busier" in some areas.

Also, what if a mobile portal with two different templates was added - one darker template for specific hacks and one that is more geared to mainstream issues?

Back
Top Bottom