Forum Suggestion

I thought Computer Hardware was for anything inside your case. and Other Computer HW was for mice, kb, externals, monitors, etc.

Edit: I asked Mak awhile back about that.

May I ask why you have:

Hardware Troubleshooting
Have a computer hardware problem? Find answers here!

Other Computer HW Topics
Questions that do not fall in the above hardware forums.

Isn't hardware troubleshooting, a hardware topic?

That just looks odd to me, maybe you can explain it to me. I'm sure you put it there for a reason.

:cool:

Other PC Hardware is for stuff like Printers, Mice, and other items which are not Internal components. Hardware Troubleshooting is for internal devices like RAM, HDD's and so on.

We separated the others due to the fact that they are not technically PC Hardware but peripherals or addons. So they do not fall under the PC Hardware.

Other Hardware is a catch-all for the odds and ends. It encompasses peripherals, but also includes miscellaneous hardware items, news , and whatnot. As the forum description currently reads...
"Questions that do not fall in the above hardware forums."

With that said, I may update the forum description for Other Hardware to help clarify and define it better. As of right now there is not enough need to make a separate hardware news forum, but that could change in the future.

Actually, it wasn't all that long ago that Other Hardware was practically a dead forum. It was originally set up more for member hardware reviews and first-hand accounts of new components and peripherals. The mod staff got together and decided that we would begin using it as a general miscellaneous hardware forum to keep the other hardware forums from being cluttered up by topics that really didn't belong in them.

Plus my comment was to answer specifically the area that you brought up. You never made any reference to anything like News. You asked specifically about hardware. So i made sure to differenate between what is shared in the Hardware Area and the "Other" hardware area as Printers are not considered true hardware like a hard drive or CPU but they are still technically hardware overall.

If I had known that you wanted me to include the broad definition of what the Other area fully encompassed i would have been glad to tell you about the news and other things that are covered in the area.

Having 4-5 topics that span back almost a month is not enough to warrant a new sub-forum. If there was 4-5 threads a day, then yes i would agree.

Back
Top Bottom