Forum Privacy

Arbiter

In Runtime
Just a quick thought on the forums here, wouldn't it be better to keep everything here private and require an account to view the information? Not sure if it matters or anybody cares but I thought I'd ask about that.

That would defeat the purpose of TF. We want people to look on here and get information. In then becoming a member, and learn more. Some sections, however, as BST, Off-topic, are blocked to guests.

Plus TF ranks pretty high on the various search engines. This is partly due to Larry's knowledge of SEO but mainly because of the content we have available. Anyone can view but you must register to post.

The reason I joined many years ago is because of the knowledge that was here back then, couldn't post, but, I wanted to join, and ask questions that no one had asked yet, or that I couldn't easily google, as search didn't work for non-members when I joined.

Plus TF ranks pretty high on the various search engines. This is partly due to Larry's knowledge of SEO but mainly because of the content we have available. Anyone can view but you must register to post.
I think Larry should get more credit. I posted a new Thread (http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/f...cases-hptx-meb-swtx-size-motherboards-244764/) and it was Googled in about 12 hours (with TOF placement when I Google for more info to improve it). I'm getting 40 HPD.

Either Larry has got a Script that scans your Posts and fills the <meta name="keywords" content=""> reasonably well or Google likes me. My own Web Pages used to take two to four days after Submission.

Thanks Larry.

I think Larry should get more credit. I posted a new Thread (http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/f...cases-hptx-meb-swtx-size-motherboards-244764/) and it was Googled in about 12 hours (with TOF placement when I Google for more info to improve it). I'm getting 40 HPD.

Either Larry has got a Script that scans your Posts and fills the <meta name="keywords" content=""> reasonably well or Google likes me. My own Web Pages used to take two to four days after Submission.

Thanks Larry.

Larry is a SEO god, if there is one thing that man can do well it's SEO.

Back
Top Bottom