Forum posting problem

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. Can someone tell me why I can not post in the off-topic forum? I seem to be able to post in other forums.

I do not exactly believe what the computer is telling me.

Any ideas?
Thanks
SC

A. Why is this posted in the Windows area when it is a Forum Related Question not a Windows related question.

B. As per the Rules of the Site, which is stated to be read by everyone once they register:

10) Off-Topic Area is also a privilege.
It is not a right. You will gain access to this area at 40 posts just like your signature. This area has its own set of rules as well. Read up on them and get to know them before you enter so that you do not get into trouble upon gaining access.

Along with that we also have it stated here within the Rules as well:

12) New Members have certain requirements that must be met before access is granted to certain features, namely Signatures, PM (Personal Message) System, B/S/T (Buy/Trade/Sell) Forums, and the OT (Off-Topic) Forums. The requirements are as follows.

• 40 good posts to get a signature. Posting things like "LOL" or "That is some good information" will get you noticed real fast and get your signature use blocked before you even get it. A couple posts like this are fine, but 40 posts just so you can put up a link to your site will not be allowed.
  • 40 posts to gain access to the PM (Personal Messenger) System.
  • 40 posts to gain access to the Off Topic forum.
  • 100 good posts to reach the B/S/T Area.

So it is not like we exactly hide this fact. We have it stated twice in the Rules alone and again within the Welcome Thread, which was send to you in the Welcome To Computer & Tech Forums PM that all new registered members get.

So we have it clearly stated in 3 areas and it isnt just your computer telling you something and that it is wrong. Your PC is actually very much correct and it was you who did not read all available information provided about the subject.

Hello. Can someone tell me why I can not post in the off-topic forum? I seem to be able to post in other forums.

I do not exactly believe what the computer is telling me.

Any ideas?
Thanks
SC

Welcome to the forum. You'll eventually be able to post there =p

A. Why is this posted in the Windows area when it is a Forum Related Question not a Windows related question.

B. As per the Rules of the Site, which is stated to be read by everyone once they register:

Along with that we also have it stated here within the Rules as well:

So it is not like we exactly hide this fact. We have it stated twice in the Rules alone and again within the Welcome Thread, which was send to you in the Welcome To Computer & Tech Forums PM that all new registered members get.

So we have it clearly stated in 3 areas and it isnt just your computer telling you something and that it is wrong. Your PC is actually very much correct and it was you who did not read all available information provided about the subject.

Not arguing or anything, but why is it like that? Do you guys have a reason or something? Or is it just an initiative to keep people coming back?

So the OT doesn't get spammed out, and so people don't join the forums just to use BST.

Makes sense. I just wish I knew more about computers to get to 40 lol All I really do is post computer problems lol oh and quote on wire managment from 2007 ha.

Yea, I actually just tried posting there and I still can't.

it would have been post #41 so I thought that would have worked

Back
Top Bottom