Forum avatar doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrestcupp

Daemon Poster
I realize this may be in the wrong subforum, but I didn't know where to put it.

I'm finally getting around to adding a custom avatar, and it's not working. I have more than enough posts to be able to have the maximum limits for an avatar. I've tried uploading a jpg and a png and they both gave me an "Invalid File" error. So I tried a bmp file that was 100x100 and under the 26.4 kb limit and it gave me this error
The Dimension limits for this filetype are 100 x 100. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 100 x 100.
It was already within the limits, but it still gave that error. So just in case the forum didn't realize I have over 250 posts, I lowered the res to 80x80 and it still gave me the same error only it said my file is currently 80 x 80.

So why isn't it working? I'm within resolution and file size limits.

I get that error too, unfortunately its on the list of Forum Bugs that came with the vBulletin List thats in the Moderator Section

(its pretty long)

Yea, we have been aware of this for some time, getting around to fixing it, is another story.

But this is why I almost never change mine. :)

Is it an updated version of vBulletin or something? I notice that there are people who don't seem to have trouble changing their avatars.

Moving to site suggestions and feedback.

This is a known issue. We have people looking into it.

Howdy,

I'm having a similar problem uploading a "profile picture"...whenever I try to do so, I get an "invalid file" message. My pic is only 57 kb (I read the max is 64), so wassup? Is this the same issue as the Avatar problem?

Also, how many posts until one can have their own personal avatar in lieu of the generic ones available on the forum?

Thanks! Mike the Wino

Thanks Trotter!

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I forgot I posted this question. Found it during a shameless search of my user name (vanity, thy name is magnum4c).........

Anyway, I'll try it out and let you know if I have any problems.

Cheers! Mike

Trotter,

I'm back already. I tried uploading a gif that is only 6.5 kb, but again, I get an invalid file message. Here is a link to my website with the gif of the drunk on the bottom of the page:

Our Gallery of Photos

Is there any reason that this might be an "invalid file"?

Thanks, and cheers! Mike

Ah, that would be because you have less that 40 posts. You can use any of the avatars that are available through the forum, but can't upload your own until you hit 40 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom