Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad.... only took 5 days to get into the top 50% of the TF folding team... we need more member participation...

Hrm, I have a closet full of Computers that are turned off.... I should get them rebuilt and folding... but my power bill would be a little out of hand then.... lol. I wonder if you could get claim folding@Home on your Taxes.

Heh - "Trying to save the world. Can I get a tax break for that?"

It'd be awesome.

You know, another forum I'm a member of has a program where the members have a community hardware trading post, and they build machines out of parts in that section, and trade them for other parts. But in order to do this, you have to agree to run Folding 24/7 on this machine, ONLY Folding, and leave it up as much as you can.

This is personally very important to me, and I'll be dedicating a 2.8 P4 and a 1.73 pentium M (my laptop) to this from now on.

Due to technical issues, I have to suspend folding on one of my rigs.... When folding is running, CPU temps are sustained in the 65* C range... and the CPU and case fans will rev up for a few seconds, then quiet down... I think I am gonna pick up some AS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom