Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything wrong. Works now, will have it in my sig in a few minutes. :D

Edit: Done. :)

Thats awesome nitestick... I will have some competition now... You should pick up a dual socket board with 4 PIC-Ex16 slots.. .then you can run 4 GPU & 4 CPU clients... WOW~!

Glad to say that I just joined the team! I would like to know though, how I can completely devote a system to folding, rather than just allow it to run very low priority in the background. As I was watching folding on my Linux server (if that changes the matter at all), I noticed that my CPU activity was slim to none and information via the terminal display didn't show any progress at all after several hours. Just wondering what I needed to do to speed up the process because the Linux server is completely unused and I want to put it to a good cause.

Thanks for the help in advance,

::-Chase-::

Chase said:
Glad to say that I just joined the team! I would like to know though, how I can completely devote a system to folding, rather than just allow it to run very low priority in the background. As I was watching folding on my Linux server (if that changes the matter at all), I noticed that my CPU activity was slim to none and information via the terminal display didn't show any progress at all after several hours. Just wondering what I needed to do to speed up the process because the Linux server is completely unused and I want to put it to a good cause.

Thanks for the help in advance,

::-Chase-::
even if you set folding@home to the lowest priority, it will still use all the available CPU power. if no other programs are using the CPU, folding@home will use all of it.

How do i set it for low number WU's again? I followed the directions a page or two back, unchecking the reciept for results greater than 5MB.

i want to get into folding.. But here is the question.

Quad Xeons @ 700mhz each.

4 instances of folding in windows 2000?

or

SMP in Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom