Fix the main page - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Fix the main page

i found this website by googling something and it opened to a thread on the forums.

after spending a few hours reading all kinds of useful information i found the homepage... and i must say, its butt ugly. it looks like it was thrown together in 5 minutes.

luckily the people here on the forums and all the wonderful information more than make up for it..

i think it would add a lot to the site to make a nice front page... of course there would be a major tab leading to the forums... or having the same forums open up within the page...

but you could definately generate some more money on those google adds if people actually visited the home page...

after my second visit i just started adding the /pc to the end to come straight to here.

and yea, it would ne nice to have some very useful stuff on the homepage... like the reccomended parts info, and orisis' virus guide.

you might also want to put in some affiliate links or something of that nature, and they too can do the same for this site.

i dunno, just my 2 cents... do with it what you like

Laptop: Asus M51 Series

My Build: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe || AMD Athalon x2 6000+ (3.25Ghz OC) || AC Freezer 64 Pro || nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB || G.Skill 2x 2GB DDR2 800 || Western Digital 500GB 7200 HDD || Samsung 20x DVD Burner || Sunbeam Transformer ATX Full Case || Windows Vista 64 Bit || Rosewill 850W PSU

Logitech G15 Keyboard (new orange version) & Logitech G5 Mouse (black/blue version)

11k 3DMark06 Score
Closed Thread