Fail Pictures and Facepalm Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are fine, it's stuff like this that's not:

SiskoAnimated.gif

1243_fail_1_1.jpg

Using the :facepalm: is not a problem... unless it is used in the wrong way. We added the facepalm smiley for members to use with friends, not to ridicule newbies or those who are not as knowledgeable as others around here.

Because the mods have always cleaned them up very soon after they happened. there is no reason for them to happen at all, however.

Ah, okay. But i still can't help but laugh when i see them.

It is not that we dont think that they are funny. The images are funny. But the fact is this, they are funny to those that are seeing them. But they also serve a purpose to insult and belittle the person they are intended for. So while they are great fun for those on the outside they are harsh to those they are aimed at.

Which in turn violates the 1st and 3rd rules of the site.

So yeah they are funny to look at and see. But they are harmful to the ones they are aimed at. We all think it is funny looking at it from the outside till they get used against us. Then it turns ugly cause people get defensive and it causes massive angry postings and harsh words to be exchanged.

It is noticed much, cause as Trotter said, we are quick to see it and remove it. Using the:

:faceplam:

emoticon is still allowed. It is still there. But as Trotter said it is not to be used in a offensive manner. Like if i were to put it right after Oreo's Quote.

We are all old enough and we are all mature enough to know the difference between using something jokingly when we forget something compared to using it for a sign of disgust.

I think this is a good idea, we'll leave the Facepalming for other threads and 4chan thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom