eBay Spoofing (Fraud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoLoCroN

Daemon Poster
Everyone, just a warning on a series of emails sent out by scammers trying to steal your eBay user name/Password.

DON'T DO IT!! IT IS A SCAM!!

This message was forwarded to me, after some investigation and a quick email to eBay's Fraud department (spoof@ebay.com) In less than five minutes my doubts were confirmed. The site looks surprisingly real...

Here is what the message said. I believe eBay had the site shut down already so the link will be dead but its good to keep in mind.

===================================
Dear "Your eBay Account",

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by log in and verify your identity or else your account will be suspended without the right to register again with eBay.

Click on the link below in order to login and verify your information:

http://signin.ebay.com//aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

Thank you

eBay Customer Support
========================================

How u know it was a scam? To me i would have known when they asked for my account info. They specifically say they will never ask for that in there agreement. but by the link i would nevr have known

Sent an email to eBay to let them know about the scam, I got a reply in less than five minutes confirming it.

I just posted it because it looks so legit!

Who knows, maybe someone out there was able to benefit from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom