easy method to choose boot drive

quest

Beta member
To keep it simple, I have a system with two hard drives in it.

Both are bootable drives

I would like to find a way other than going through Bios (which is what I do now) to choose to boot to SATA 0 or SATA 1.

Maybe a small script on a flash drive which I could always be the first boot device. When it hit the script on the chip, it would do nothing more than offer the choice of booting from Sata 1 or Sata 2. then send it on to the one selected

The bios in this system is a little odd from what I am used to anyway. but it is set to Always boot to SATA 2.

Since this is an test setup, I would rather not put anything on either of the two boot drives if possible:)

Last edited by a moderator:
To keep it simple, I have a system with two hard drives in it.

Both are bootable drives.

I would like to find a way other than going through Bios (which is what I do now) to choose to boot to SATA 0 or SATA 1.

Maybe a small script on a flash drive which I could always be the first boot device. When it hit the script on the chip, it would do nothing more than offer the choice of booting from Sata 1 or Sata 2. then send it on to the one selected

The bios in this system is a little odd from what I am used to anyway. but it is set to Always boot to SATA 2.

Since this is an test setup, I would rather not put anything on either of the two boot drives if possible:)

What OS's are you running on each drive?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Well unless you already have the system setup for a multiboot and a OS Selector screen, then your only option is to use the BIOS to select the drive to boot from. If not you will have to use EasyBCD if you are using Windows Vista or later to create a multiboot setup. Then you can get a drive selector screen. If you want to go ultra lazy from there you can get iReboot.

This will allow you to just select the OS from the menu it offers by the icon in the clock area. Then it will automatically reboot to that OS and not even give you the drive selection screen. But first you must have the mutliboot setup with EasyBCD for that to work.

Back
Top Bottom