Do you guys have buttons and banners? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2005, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Do you guys have buttons and banners?

Hey, whoever is running this site, congratulations, you did a good job somewhere. I've been on a few tech boards, but they usually dry up and aren't very active. And then there are tech boards that are pretty advanced, in some way not approachable, but I've found a lot of good help here. Anyway, as I have a bit of computer knowledge in a community where that's not common, I get asked a lot of questions. Some I know, a lot I don't. So I give them the URL to here.

I just thought it would be neat to have a 2 or 3 frame animated GIF wit the TF site logo, maybe a line or two about computer help or tech chat, so I could put something like "if I can't solve your computer problem, here's a good place to go." As opposed to a text link.

I figured a couple people may have made them on their own, or maybe the admins have a fan kit or something. I looked in the FAQ but it just looked like the vB default FAQ not site specific.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

yea I agree, there should be a banner contest or something. I did it on my site and it worked great.

It would be a great way to help advertise the site too, good thunkin =)

Old 01-23-2005, 08:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

How are the mods here? Maybe someone could just announce a banner contest, unofficial like? Or would the mods/admin(s) appreciate that? I've seen it done a couple times on boards, something done outside of management that would normally be a management thing.

Eh, just a crazy idea. I'll just use a text link.

My computer:

AMD Athlon64 3200+ S939
1024MB Dual Channel DDR400 Corsair XMS with LED activity indicators
256MB GeForce 6600 PCI-E by Chaintech
Aspire X-Navigator case with 500W PSU, 6x80mm fans, 1x120mm fan
Gigabyte nForce4/PCI-E S939 mobo
16X DVD±R Dual Layer burner
Memory card read/writer
...and a Led Zeppelin sticker!
Closed Thread