Discussion of leaked items

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mak covered it all very nicely. It's all there and it's all easy to understand.

It's all common sense.

common_sense.jpg

I am pretty sure that item #2 in my list in the previous post covers that.

If you are in the Beta and there is no restrictions to talk about a item and you are allowed to post up screen shots and other material to get feed back from the community that is fine. Proof may be required to make sure those conditions are met.

As long as they can give proof, if requested, then there is no issue. If someone wants to not give proof then the topic will closed and/or deleted.

Curious though, how would one give proof if they are in a Battle.net/Blizzard betas? The only proof they have is... Well... Nothing really other than a key, which is just on a card from battle.net that can easily be faked....

Not really. Just do what mySpace does.

In one hand the Blizzard card. In the other hand their username written on a card or something. Take a pic with a time and date stamp.

Cant fake that. Espically since Photoshop and other apps leave a notation if the file was created or edited by it. So we would know. So we would be able to figure out easily if it was a photochopped picture or not.

To be even more secure can use some electrical tape to cover the serial as well so no one else tries to steal it.

Not everyone gets the card, only people that attend blizzcon, others that are doing the opt-in, if selected only get an email with the keycode..... That can easily be faked. Then again, it is an online only beta and I am sure they will sure as **** keep a close eye on EVERY connection to the server....

Yes and people who come by asking about a connection error are just going to be directed to contact Blizzard and have the thread closed. Yeah we may not be able to prove every single little detail, but at the same time we can enforce several other things.

For one contacting the people who are in charge of the Beta and its services. Another would be to use their forums for support. We are here to help and for information purposes, but if we dont have anyone else who is in these betas, how can we help? The topics would be for information purposes only and not for support as we couldnt give support since we wouldnt have access to test it ourselves.

So yeah, there is ways around it and yeah there are things that can be done to bypass even our best efforts. But at the same time we can do things that protect us as best as we can. Will we catch everything? No. Are we trying to catch everything? No. It is not possible to be perfect. But we can do our best to stop what we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom