Change is coming to Tech-Forums !! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Change is coming to Tech-Forums !!

Hi TF Members,

I've got some news to announce…
I've decided to hand over the ownership of TF to a new person – Andy. This decision was not made lightly, but the timing of the deal seemed in the best interests of myself (for personal/medical reasons) and the best interest of TF (so TF has access to resources it needs).

Andy and I have talked about TF and I feel he will become a great owner due to his experiences and resources.
Andy owns several forum communities, such as www.techsupportforum.com. We discussed many topics including how the current team will be handled and he assured me that his intent is to keep the team and support them as needed.

Thank you for being a TF member!

I wish you all a great Christmas holiday and a Happy New Year (with a new owner of TF).

Take Care,
Larry

Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: change is coming to TF !!

Hey there TF members,

My name is Andy and I am from Dallas, Tx. I started my first forum about a decade ago and over the year started adopting/acquiring forums on various topics. I love forums and spend all day everyday working with the communities in our network. I know it can feel a little strange when a new person shows up and you find out they are the new owner. I understand that I will need to earn your respect and look forward to doing so in the months and years ahead.

You will notice a few new faces around here that work with me. Janet H is might right hand woman and she will be swinging by the site on a regular basis to check in on the team and see if they need anything. Jeff logs in under the username of Tech Admin and he's usually around on Friday's to do weekly maintenance and backups but he's also here helping with issues when needed. It's our goal to support the current team and make sure they have tools needed to continue to lead this community.

I feel it's very important to be open and honest so if you all have any questions for me or about our plans for the future, please post them here. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Regards,

Andy

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Re: Change is coming to Tech-Forums !!

And there you have it from the source(s).

So... what does that mean for the site and community as far as changes? Andy and I have spoken about this; the general rule is that each site remains autonomous so everything will be business as usual. Most changes will be on the backend along the lines of hosting and such. Andy's team will be around to help us out when we need something done, something fixed, something coded, etc. The current staff is still the current staff and will remain so.

Don't think of this transition as a changing of the guard. It is more like a stepping stone into the future. Andy has a network of forums of which we are becoming a part. This will allow him to help TF out in new ways.

So here's looking forward to what is to come. Cheers!

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Glad to have you on board, Andy! You'll see me around a lot. :P

New ownership does not always mean a big shift. Our many members on here won't let it change.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

welcome.... and hope the TF app for droid improves! LOL
remixedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Been wondering who this Andy R. is... Sigh, another new owner

EDIT: Wait, does this mean our search and index might be fixed?
c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Well in 10 years we have had 3, Chopper, Larry and now Andy.

Chopper couldn't give enough time or resource to the forums, so he did the right thing and sold TF to Larry. Now Larry is doing the right thing and letting it go to some one with more time and resource than him rather than see a 10 year old community break up.

This should only be thought of as a positive move as we are now going to be able to get things done faster and with less bumps on the road as we will have access to some very impressive resources thanks to Andy, not to mention we will also be part of a much larger group of sites so that will mean features that prove useful will filter down to us when they are stable.

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Kharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I was around for the most part during the chopper/larry transition, I have creeped these forums since 03ish
c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedcat View Post
welcome.... and hope the TF app for droid improves! LOL
This morning I was on the TF app on my Vivid, and it told me it was low on storage. I brought up my app list, and the d*** app was taking up 65.20mb!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

4.11mb on mine... LG Optimus S.... but it wont even connect now.... i made sure my login is correct and everything.... wierd....

remixedcat is offline   Reply With Quote