Change is coming to Tech-Forums !!

Larry K

Fully Optimized
Hi TF Members,

I've got some news to announce…
I've decided to hand over the ownership of TF to a new person – Andy. This decision was not made lightly, but the timing of the deal seemed in the best interests of myself (for personal/medical reasons) and the best interest of TF (so TF has access to resources it needs).

Andy and I have talked about TF and I feel he will become a great owner due to his experiences and resources.
Andy owns several forum communities, such as www.techsupportforum.com. We discussed many topics including how the current team will be handled and he assured me that his intent is to keep the team and support them as needed.

Thank you for being a TF member!

I wish you all a great Christmas holiday and a Happy New Year (with a new owner of TF).

Take Care,
Larry

Re: change is coming to TF !!

Hey there TF members,

My name is Andy and I am from Dallas, Tx. I started my first forum about a decade ago and over the year started adopting/acquiring forums on various topics. I love forums and spend all day everyday working with the communities in our network. I know it can feel a little strange when a new person shows up and you find out they are the new owner. I understand that I will need to earn your respect and look forward to doing so in the months and years ahead.

You will notice a few new faces around here that work with me. Janet H is might right hand woman and she will be swinging by the site on a regular basis to check in on the team and see if they need anything. Jeff logs in under the username of Tech Admin and he's usually around on Friday's to do weekly maintenance and backups but he's also here helping with issues when needed. It's our goal to support the current team and make sure they have tools needed to continue to lead this community.

I feel it's very important to be open and honest so if you all have any questions for me or about our plans for the future, please post them here. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Regards,

Andy

And there you have it from the source(s).

So... what does that mean for the site and community as far as changes? Andy and I have spoken about this; the general rule is that each site remains autonomous so everything will be business as usual. Most changes will be on the backend along the lines of hosting and such. Andy's team will be around to help us out when we need something done, something fixed, something coded, etc. The current staff is still the current staff and will remain so.

Don't think of this transition as a changing of the guard. It is more like a stepping stone into the future. Andy has a network of forums of which we are becoming a part. This will allow him to help TF out in new ways.

So here's looking forward to what is to come. Cheers!

Glad to have you on board, Andy! You'll see me around a lot. :p

New ownership does not always mean a big shift. Our many members on here won't let it change. :lol:

Well in 10 years we have had 3, Chopper, Larry and now Andy.

Chopper couldn't give enough time or resource to the forums, so he did the right thing and sold TF to Larry. Now Larry is doing the right thing and letting it go to some one with more time and resource than him rather than see a 10 year old community break up.

This should only be thought of as a positive move as we are now going to be able to get things done faster and with less bumps on the road as we will have access to some very impressive resources thanks to Andy, not to mention we will also be part of a much larger group of sites so that will mean features that prove useful will filter down to us when they are stable.

4.11mb on mine... LG Optimus S.... but it wont even connect now.... i made sure my login is correct and everything.... wierd....

Back
Top Bottom