Can someone Provide a Tutorial for Networking Multiple Microsoft OSs

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Basically as the title says, if a Mod, or User can Write a Tutorial for Networking Windows XP Home and upwards, include 7 Pro. I could really do with it. Either that or I'm gonna have to pay a techie £90+ to do it for me. :confused: :crazy::sweat::smile:

First, this is in the wrong section.

Second, what are you trying to network with, a router, switch, etc.?

What are you hoping to accomplish, network sharing, just the internet, what?

I want to network a Win XP Home, 7 HP, & Pro via a Swich, for File Shareing, but then again MindoverMaster, I'm not to tech savvy with Networking, and dont know the Full Capability of what could be Acompleashed, I have a Printer I wouldnt mind shareing. As well a being able to mabie remotely access the Computers, looking at the from an acutall Desktop Point of View, via a Swich. And also internet Capabilitys.

Did you check our Networking area at all to see if there is already such topics? I know for a fact that this question has been asked on this site before and that it has been answered. While it may not be on the first page, it for sure is in the Networking section. So that would be the first step before a tutorial is written.

After you have done your part and searched and looked for such topics, then ask questions about things you dont understand.

Teach XP and Vista to play nice on networks - Computerworld

There is a start for you.

Connect a router to the switch, or connect all PC's to the router if it has enough ports (most home routers have 4 ports).

The router will automatically assign IP addresses, which means less work, and is also more noob-friendly.

If you're going to assign IP addresses manually, you should look up IPv4 subnetting.

Back
Top Bottom