Attention all Tech Forums members - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Attention all Tech Forums members

Attention all Tech Forums members,

Yesterday (December 25, 2009) we where the victim of a minor security breach performed by a as yet unknown attacker who inserted a (maybe malicious) iframe into our site. The attacker notified us by email, saying something about access to the database and at this moment in time we are performing a investigation into how this happened and to what extent data was compromised. We are urging all Tech Forums members to change their passwords, to be on the safe side.

The current consensus of the investigation is that their has been no malicious activity performed with the data and that their was no exploitation to your individual computers/Tech Forums account but within the next few days we will post the results of our investigation.

To our knowledge as of now, the security breach has been corrected and Tech Forums should be as it were before the breach. We have taken precautions and blocked some IP addresses, etc.

Please post any questions or comments in this thread, and try not to contact the forums Admins, Management, Super mods or moderators individually about this subject as we are currently engaged in the investigation and can not reply to all received PM's.

Thanks
We hope everyone had a good Christmas and has a safe and Happy New Years!
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->-Larry

Old 12-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Burn
Default Re: Attention all Tech Forums members

Thanks for the info Larry.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke

thanks for the heads up mate...
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Old 12-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Something weird happened to me on Christmas day as well, don't know if its related though. I kept getting signed out of TF. When i switch topics or w/e, i see the google ads and i see that i'm signed out. Had to sign in several times... but it looks like its fixed now as it didn't sign me out today.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasaid View Post
Something weird happened to me on Christmas day as well, don't know if its related though. I kept getting signed out of TF. When i switch topics or w/e, i see the google ads and i see that i'm signed out. Had to sign in several times... but it looks like its fixed now as it didn't sign me out today.
This is something we did. We forced people to log in everytime until we had resolved the issue on our end to prevent any more issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
Good to know I helped.
Well i brought it up right before you had in the Staff area about this. Your topic only confirmed my belief. But yes you did help and it is appreciated.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 12-27-2009, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
This is something we did. We forced people to log in everytime until we had resolved the issue on our end to prevent any more issues.
Well i got signed out again, lol. Stop it already :P
Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasaid View Post
Well i got signed out again, lol. Stop it already :P
If you're logging in from the top menu and choosign to 'Remember Me' then you'll need to sign in every time. There's a bug with that. To fix it, go to a thread, reply to a post, and log in from there choosing "remember me." Replying to the post is optional, but you'll now be logged in until you log out.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 12-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

Send a message via MSN to Nick

I recieved an email saying somebody had attempted to log into my account five tines and failed
Old 12-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Nick I will look into that for you, have you changed your password?

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
If you're logging in from the top menu and choosign to 'Remember Me' then you'll need to sign in every time. There's a bug with that. To fix it, go to a thread, reply to a post, and log in from there choosing "remember me." Replying to the post is optional, but you'll now be logged in until you log out.
Ah, thx for the heads up. I'll try that now (with this response )