Answer, anyone? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: Answer, anyone?

Baez has not touched the code for the default skin. Again i say, this could be due to the fact we just updated to vB 4.0.8 Refresh 2. So it doesnt necessarily have to be something done by one of us. It could just be a glitch in the code released by vB. Dont go blaming someone right away. You dont see us blame you guys for things so dont blame Trotter, myself or Baez right away without first finding out all the facts.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

We are not blaming anybody, Mak. We are bringing a problem to hand. So there is something wrong with the coding, no matter if Baez messed with it or not.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelm3103 View Post
Maybe Mak or Trotter is changing some stuff ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindoverMaster View Post
So it's not just a glitch. It is seen by many. Care to explain, Baez?
Really? No one is getting blamed? Yet you specifically direct a question to Baez? You just assume that he did something with the code.

Jo made a comment directed at Trotter and myself cause we are the main ones with ACP access. So naturally it has to be something one of us did.

Even though my very first response specifically states that we just upgraded to a new version of vB and instead of people saying that could be the issue, you continue to ask questions toward us. Your post MoM was well after i stated that there was an upgrade to vB. Yet you continued to single out Baez asking him to explain. Yeah sure no one is getting blamed. I can see how that isnt placing blame........

Yes there is an issue. Yes it is being looked at. But it is NOT from something that someone on this site did. It is something with the forum software in general. vB has been notified. That is all we can do unless you restore the site to a previous version that is unsecure and vulnerable to hacking. Is that really what we want just so we can have pretty profiles?

Sorry if it seems like i am being a bit touchy about this subject. But i get blamed enough for to many things that i have no part of. I am tired of it and i am tired of people jumping to conclusions. I specifically stated that there was an upgrade done, yet people still want to direct comments toward the staff thinking we had something to do with it. Baez is the ONLY person who messes with the code. He has NOT touched the default skin, he is only working on the new skin. Trotter and myself NEVER touch the coding. We are not web designers nor web technicians.

The skinning of the site with vB4 is very dependent on the database in use. Which is why it is taking so long to get the skin done. Cause Baez has had to optimize the database first then start coding the skin with this new database. It isnt a shock that an upgrade wouldnt go as smoothly when using a code base for a generic database compared to our database. Baez had mentioned to us that there was some changes that were done with vB 4.0.8 Revision 2 that affected the skins. We have experienced this issue and it is something that will take time to fix.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

»\_(ツ)_/»

Just spoke with Larry. He is re-running the update as he said it had a problem but finished up fine the first time. That should take care of the problem, hopefully.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks for the update, Trotter!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Thanks for the update as well, and sorry if it seemed wrong to mention y'all names without facts...just thought y'all were fixing or experimenting with the code; not to direct total blame on either of you guys.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

The issue has been resolved. Turns out it was a setting within the ACP for vB. It required access to the server to fix the issue as the folder in question required a chmod setting. Larry has fixed the issue now. If you are still seeing the issue please hard refresh your browser or clear you cache and check.

As you can see from my screenshot here, the issue is resolved. I just took this no more than 3 minutes ago.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Actually I'm still having the issue and I did clear the cache and everything else on Firefox.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

I still see it, too, Cache cleared.

I don't know if you realize this Mak, but have you looked on your own profile? This is not apparent on other members' profiles. So Baez's would look fine, where your own would still look as above.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I do still see it with my profile. Since i dont have the need or want to view my profile that often i dont see the need to check my profile that often. Do others profiles look alright when you view them? It has to be something within the vB settings when a user views their profile since the ability to edit the fields is present. I will report this to Larry and have him double check with vB. At least it isnt present with everyone's profile.