Advertisments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Maybe clean our your personal data. Then try again. It could be something you have stored in your personal data that is stopping it.

Warning though that this will get rid of all your saved passwords.

Cheers,
Mak

yea i did that too, just now again, to be sure. went to Tools, Clear Private Data. Selected everything and cleared it all out. Relogged in the site, put a new favorites link in while logged in. close the browser, reopen it, click the fav link and it's the same thing. have to relogin. frustrating. im in vista, is there any special vista options i have to change, but my work machine is vista too, so i dunno.

Hello,

There is no special things to do in Vista. Just seems like it is not saving your info. Did you get that prompt from Firefox to save the password?

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

There is no special things to do in Vista. Just seems like it is not saving your info. Did you get that prompt from Firefox to save the password?

Cheers,
Mak

yep : / and when i go to go login it has my password there n stuff, and i select remember me everytime, on the website.

i don't know why it does that.

Could it be Norton? somehow?

IT could be Norton. Just check in our Virus section. No one likes it. Tis the worst. ;)

IT could be Norton. Just check in our Virus section. No one likes it. Tis the worst. ;)
Yea I know i've heard from various sources, and to be honest, i haven't really had any problems with them until this. I guess i'll wait for my subscriptions to end and get a different kind.

Shouldn't there be a way to fix it with norton, though?

Possibly. I havent touched Norton in about 10 years. So i have no idea what the interface looks like now or how to even begin trying to fix it with Norton. Sorry.

no worries, i'll poke around with it when i get home from work and see if i can find something. Thanks for the help anyways.

so i turned every option off in norton to see if it fixed it, but it did nothing :( Manually logging in to all the forums i go to stinks. But i'm guessing it has to be norton. I don't know what else could be causing it. Could the Internet Options in IE, be effecting the way firefox runs?

ok, so i'm guessing it can't be norton. i ended process on all symantec running apps in the task manager and tried it again, but ti's still not auto loggin me in.

Hello,

IE doesnt affect Firefox when logging in or anything like that. Also Killing Norton processes does not kill it completely. There are still Norton Services running which are not listed under the Task Manager Process list.

If you wish to test if it is Norton do this:

Start>Run>msconfig

Under startup turn off all things related to Norton. Then go under the services tab and do the same. Then restart. Try logging in and see if it saves it.

Be warned this will leave you open to viruses and other things cause you will not have a active scanner present.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom