Techist - Tech Forum

Techist - Tech Forum (http://www.techist.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback (http://www.techist.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   60 seconds between reporting posts (http://www.techist.com/forums/f5/60-seconds-between-reporting-posts-146913/)

Greg 06-27-2007 03:03 AM

60 seconds between reporting posts
 
If you try to report two posts within 60 seconds of each other you get:
Quote:

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending emails. Please try again in x seconds.
Not a big deal, but it's rather annoying if you're trying to report spam

Trotter 06-27-2007 04:44 AM

Re: 60 seconds between reporting posts
 
Thanks for the quick fingers! please don't let that deter you from reporting it.

veg1992 06-27-2007 12:23 PM

Re: 60 seconds between reporting posts
 
ya i dont that either... yesterday i had to report that porn spammer because he had 5 accounts... and i kept getting that annoying message... when the boy kept going...

Kharn 06-27-2007 12:35 PM

Re: 60 seconds between reporting posts
 
I think when it comes to reporting a thread there should be no time limit but I think when posting a comment or thread there should be a time limit I think the current one is 30 seconds for a post and 1 min for a new thread.

This is a question what action is taken if some one reports threads maliciously? I have never seen or heard of it happening but what would happen to a member if they decided to harass some one else?

Vormund 06-27-2007 07:52 PM

Re: 60 seconds between reporting posts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Chadwick (Post 1125201)
This is a question what action is taken if some one reports threads maliciously? I have never seen or heard of it happening but what would happen to a member if they decided to harass some one else?

Well the reports go to mods...and when the reported post is fine, I'm sure they'll tell the reporter that the reportee had done nothing wrong. With that, if it happens over and over, I'm sure you can say G'bye to them...;)

Apokalipse 06-28-2007 03:47 AM

Re: 60 seconds between reporting posts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Chadwick (Post 1125201)
I think when it comes to reporting a thread there should be no time limit but I think when posting a comment or thread there should be a time limit I think the current one is 30 seconds for a post and 1 min for a new thread.

This is a question what action is taken if some one reports threads maliciously? I have never seen or heard of it happening but what would happen to a member if they decided to harass some one else?

Well it won't really do anything to the person whose posts are being reported. Mods will only deal with posts that actually do need dealing with.

Dave 06-29-2007 06:27 PM

Re: 60 seconds between reporting posts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg (Post 1124914)
If you try to report two posts within 60 seconds of each other you get...

You might notice that it's not the reporting that requires 60 seconds; it's the email that's being sent to the appropriate Mod. This is a spam filter to keep people from using our email system to spam lots of members.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Chadwick (Post 1125201)
I think when it comes to reporting a thread there should be no time limit ...

See above for your first part.

Dave :D

veg1992 06-29-2007 07:22 PM

Re: 60 seconds between reporting posts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMo224 (Post 1126785)
You might notice that it's not the reporting that requires 60 seconds; it's the email that's being sent to the appropriate Mod. This is a spam filter to keep people from using our email system to spam lots of members.


See above for your first part.

Dave :D

oh... i c... can u cut it to 30 seconds... i had timer issues with the porn spammer from tuesday.. and the boy kept registering over and over again.. he made 5 accounts.... bt he only used 3 of them as far as i was concerned....

Kharn 06-30-2007 12:37 AM

Re: 60 seconds between reporting posts
 
Seen and understood ;)

How bad was that porn spam?

Trotter 06-30-2007 04:53 AM

Re: 60 seconds between reporting posts
 
He attempted to register nine accounts, but a few were nabbed in the confirmation stage. It ended up being just being a few posts, but he kept coming right back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.