Wix or Weebly - website builders

Has anyone had any experience using Wix or Weebly to build a website? Or do you have another website builder recommendation?

I am researching the best way to start a website for a small business. The website would be primarily for images that "show off" work, with some text like prices and descriptions of work. As of right now, I do not think it will need a shopping cart feature. Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Personally, I would go with Weebly for a small business and then maybe eventually end up doing what carnageX said and make one from scratch. But if you are only starting off Weebly is most likely the way to go for you!

You know, I hear a lot of people say that they hate GoDaddy.com and that they suck. I've used them for quite a few web sites now and have a few remarks for feedback.

1) Customer support - in the event that you need tech support, their support is responsive and fast. I've never had to wait more than an hour for something to be resolved (usually a setting they have to change and restart the server) and rarely have I been on the phone (or web chat) for more than 15-20 minutes waiting for somebody to answer. 4.5/5 star rating for this.

2) Tools - The selection of tools that they have available is quite nice. Even better (especially for folks who have never built a web site) is that most of those tools can be installed quickly and easily with just a few clicks. You don't have to manually install them. They have everything from SQL to Shopping Carts to CMS. 4/5 stars here.

3) Email - This is the one area that could use improvement. The site shoves Microsoft Office 365 down your face. If you choose to have them provide hosting, you have unlimited email storage etc via the control panel in the hosting area. However, it's not setup that way by default and, if you don't look in the right place, you will go to the standard email area where there is a limit (usually 1GB). If you setup the email via CPanel, you can still access the email either A) via the web portal or B) via your favorite email program like Thunderbird or Outlook. 1/5 stars here.

Hope that helps out!

Back
Top Bottom