Wix or Weebly - website builders

bew556

Baseband Member
Has anyone had any experience using Wix or Weebly to build a website? Or do you have another website builder recommendation?

I am researching the best way to start a website for a small business. The website would be primarily for images that "show off" work, with some text like prices and descriptions of work. As of right now, I do not think it will need a shopping cart feature. Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

If this is for a business, you honestly should have a website built from scratch; either by an employee or an outside source. It will look much more professional in the end.

If it's going to have content that you're going to update, or non-technical people need to update, you could base it off of a CMS like Wordpress. Buy a domain/hosting, install/configure Wordpress, and setup all your pages.

If it's going to content that's fairly static and not change much (i.e. mostly just informational pages), then building from scratch would be better.

Is there a reason you recommend building from scratch over using a website builder other than to be more professional looking? I only ask because, the templates I have looked at on Wix are far more than enough for what we need, and they look absolutely great. The website would basically consist of one page with contact info, one page with info about the company, and a page showing all the various works that we do (picture with /description). Here is an example of a template I found on Wix that looks great and is more than enough to suite our needs:
Luxury Party Rentals Website Template | WIX

I prefer weebly than wix because in wix, when you publish your website, your subdomain will be something like 'wix.com/mywebsite' but in weebly it will be like mywebsite.weebly.com. Plus, weebly has more features and tools like adobe flash.

Note: you may want to try webs.com, I used it a few times before.:)

For a business, you'd want to buy your own domain, and just use 3rd party hosting. Looks much more professional to have your own domain, rather than using a subdomain of a website builder.

For a business, you'd want to buy your own domain, and just use 3rd party hosting. Looks much more professional to have your own domain, rather than using a subdomain of a website builder.

I could also buy my own domain, and still use it with a website builder, such as Wix or Weebly, and just pay the monthly cost. This would get rid of the wix.com or .weebly.com

I could also buy my own domain, and still use it with a website builder, such as Wix or Weebly, and just pay the monthly cost. This would get rid of the wix.com or .weebly.com

Yeah; I didn't know they offered templates to use off of their own servers. If that's the case, then go ahead and use their template; just use your own domain.

Which leads me to my next question. What is the best way to purchase your own domain? I've heard of and been recommended godaddy.com. Any better solutions or advice?

Thanks!

Check pricing; depends mostly on what you need for hosting requirements. Some that I know of off the top of my head:

HostGator
HostMonster
DreamHost
GoDaddy
000webhost

I think that Wix has better themes...but You can make website from autoinstall. This function have many hosting panels.

Back
Top Bottom