Whats Better? DSL or Cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSL will never tie up your phone

Personally around here I prefer DSL. I am biased due to family working in this sector.

However around here in southern ontario and quebec, DSL is waaaaaaaaaay faster.

Most of my friends get under 1 meg with cable, cable shares a 30 meg line. DSL you each have your own line with quite a bit of bandwidth, and dual T3's at the CO or fiber.

Its been several days since I have moved from cable to DSL. Although the download specs are lower, I haven't noticed any difference. My upload speed is higher, though. I'm also saving about $20/month.

It seems like you have to check out what is around you. Some people say DSL, some cable. I have only had cable so I don't know which is better in my area.

It does highly depend on your area

If either the cable or DSL company is run by marketing dumbasses, your going to get poor service.

DSL , cable have sometimes slower upload. so DSL DSL DSL, that is final, no more aurguments. i have explained all thing above, still you are asking. dumb a**! and also, cable is shared, u wont be able to know who in your neighbours is a massive downloader. and even if you do. I dont think u can sue him for that, or do you.

other solutions are:

1: cut his cable (on tri weekly basis) hahaha - got Damn I have evil mind (evil vs evil)

2: threat (using baseball bat), this though wont might do any goood, as you'll be considered voilent.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Connection is:: 4613 Kbps about 4.6 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)
Download Speed is:: 563 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (main)
Test Time:: Mon May 09 2005 15:07:04 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Bottom Line:: 82X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.82 sec
Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 21.62 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)
Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-BAPY0VGMQ

You can't say no to that for only $39.99/month

Also sometimes I get burst download speeds of about 1.2-1.4megaBYTES a second of downloading speed for about 3-4 seconds, and than it settles around 500kb a sec.

ive been useing dsl for over a year now and iive never had a problem once o ever .... ive never used cable but if u share ur bandwith than maybe ur better off with dsl.... as for me i have a t1 connection and pay 50 a month... so im good

Are you sure that you have a T1 connection?? or are you saying that because you have speeds over 1.5mbps?????? I don't think that you can get a T1 connection for 50 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom