Webhost resellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

onauc

Baseband Member
My Own Webhosting Service

I was on the look-out for a webhost that will provide me around 300-500 gigabytes of bandwidth because I intend to stream audio and video files aswell as offer them for download to my website visitors.
Anyway, tonight I was thinking that maybe I should seriously think about getting into reselling webhosting because that way I can not only raise my website running costs each month but also make some good profits on the side.
You see, I am not working at the moment and I thought that if I can some-how start a hosting business from home and earn atleast $800/month then that would be enough for me to make a living for the time being.
Right now, I am not thinking of purchasing my own server nor acquire my own high speed internet connection. I think itÂ’s best to sign-up to a popular reseller program and then create webhosting packages for resale purposes.
So, does anyone know of a popular reseller program out there that has been tried, tested, reviewed and proven to be to satisfaction ?
Please list the ones you recommend by ranking the best ones starting from the top going down to least best aswell as provide details why you recommend these.
Also, donÂ’t forget to warn me of those that are worth avoiding by giving reasons why I should avoid them.
I would also like advice on :

1. pros and cons on re-selling hosting
2. what catches (pitfalls) I should look-out for when purchasing hosting for reselling purpose
3. what pitfalls I should look-out for when reselling webhosting to my customers
4. how much resources and what features I should make sure to get from my seller to resell to my buyers
5. what packages (how much webspaces and bandwidths) I should offer for sale at what prices
6. how I can influence you to buy hosting from me so you forget your existing hosts.

Before giving me any advice from your experiences check this website out thoroughly as you might learn some-thing new and then come-up with good advice, tips, suggestions, feed-backs for me :

http://www.webhostingunleashed.com/dedicated_vs_colocated_servers.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom