Web Hosting Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHopsky

In Runtime
Im thinking of doing a simple website for fun, I have a bunch of ideas floating around, but I have yet to make a decision. Before I get into the whole thing, I want to get an idea of how much a website can be to run for a year. I understand that theres an upfront cost for the domain name, and it varies from host to host, but how much a year for a basic hosting plan with a good amount of space, maybe some emails, and all of that jazz. How much have you been paying for a years worth of web hosting? What host did you use? Know of any really good hosts?

Domains usually run for 7-10 dollars a year, while hosting can vary from host to host. If you site gets a lot of traffic, you need a high bandwidth solution, if you need a ot of space, that will cost more too.
For a personal website to start with, a small plan will do. If you want to make a little cash out of your site, put a google adsense on it.

I have 2 domains hosted with www.giblo.com

They dont offer 200 GB bandwidth for 10 cents a month, but they're reliable and offer good support. My websites have always been up so that's good.

How it all works if you buy a domain, namecheap.com, godaddy.com, etc.. then buy hosting, like giblo.com, or other hosting company, and then you connect domain and add their nameservers to wherever you registered your domain.

Like if you have giblo hosting like me, and a domain at namecheap, you go into namecheap account panel, and enter ns1.giblo.com and ns2.giblo.com as nameservers. Then domain gets connected to hosting, and you can use FTP, cpanel, etc... Pretty easy and quick imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom