WANTED: Free Web Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now then, i don't mean to hijack this or whatever, but i have a similar question, Im looking for a webhost that will let me play around with a website im designing, before i go and pay for some hosting. I need some php and mysql, apache and the dealio. Now someone posted 100webhost, but said static pages, what does that mean?

The Kid said:
Now then, i don't mean to hijack this or whatever, but i have a similar question, Im looking for a webhost that will let me play around with a website im designing, before i go and pay for some hosting. I need some php and mysql, apache and the dealio. Now someone posted 100webhost, but said static pages, what does that mean?

Static pages are html pages and do not require server side processing as they are already in html. Php and such are dynamic pages that produce html on the server side and send it to the client.

If you don't need much space and bandwidth, I could host you for free for designing and testing purposes. Contact me anytime after the 9th as that will be when I have time to set it up if you would like.

Thanks for the reply there.

Would static pages work fine for say a e-shop?

I want to experiment with these scripts here, as im a complete noob to website construction.

www.hotwebscripts.com

Im looking at the cms mundo package. Or if you can recomend any other e-shop scripts that have a secure admin page that will let me easily edit products and catagories, that would be grand.

And i shall contact you after the 9th, as you said. But would you also be willing to help me along with getting the site all configured? Im gonna be making one for regualr browsers to use. And then i play an mmo that lets you browse the web ingame, and it lets you add some new commands that will interact with the game. That part i got down. Its just getting the scripts to work together properly.

The scripts on that site also list what needs to be installed on the webserver. So if you can support that, me love you long time. :)

The best place i have found for hosting is www.host.sk there are no banners, have full ftp access, mySQL, PHP and 50mb webspace. Then if you need a domain name just buy one thats like $6 a year. Its hardly a lot.

Ok, can someone explain what the **** ftp's are. What a mysql database is. ASP. javascript. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It seems like instead of just installing scripts, im gonna have to learn about 5 flippin new languages.

Maybe i should just stick to my leet flash skills. And not get involved with forms and such...

ftp is just a place where you can upload all your files to like html's and downloadable things. I have never made a website before and my one is turning out ok. Im not really sure what the mySQL thing actually does but that with the php will allow u to install a forum on your website so its good if you want that.

k, i have a site script all ready to be installed, i don't think i have to worry about any coding now. Just need to install some programs and such. But my host has a place to upload files, and then a place to mess with ftp accounts. Whats the diff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom