virgin media

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
who here also are with crappy Virgin and the internet goes down all the time or is it just me, and also not only goes down it is extremely slow and im on there 10mb service...!!!

I am on the 20mb an get good service for the most part, but the modem I used to have was bad an caused random connection problems what one do you have?

Hello,

We've got Virgin Media Broadband - Size L. Service is good. Speed is okay.

I've just done some research and it seems that Virgin Media have boosted the speeds of their broadband packages. Size L used to be 4Mbps, but Virgin have boosted it for free to 10Mbps (which came into effect in my region in July), however when I test our Internet speed it averages at around 4Mbps. I went to Even faster - Your broadband service after searching on google and discovered that our Terayon TJ210 modem can't handle 10Mbps and that it needs to be replaced.

Nice of Virgin Media to send us a letter or give us a call. We've been paying full price for half the speed of the package.

I get it bad, it crashes alot. It's better now but it used to be alot worse and crash nearly every day.

Now, if i'm downloading anything, it drops from the 8MB i'm meant to have to like 1MB. I was downloading a mod for Rome: Total War, and it started perfectly fine, at 700kb/s, i'm happy with that... 20 minutes later, it drops to 56kb/s. I rang support, they said that I needed to restart the modem, how can you restart a modem in the middle of a download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom