AT&T Will Cut Off P2P Users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
AT&T Will Cut Off P2P Users?

Engadget has an interesting news item posted today that says an AT&T rep told the FCC they can terminate a customers service for use of P2P applications.

AT&T's Robert Quinn, who told FCC Commissioner Robert McDowell that, "use of a P2P file sharing application would constitute a material breach of contract for which the user's service could be terminated." Quinn was apparently quick to add, however, that AT&T hasn't yet kicked anyone off the network for using P2P.

yet, how will they find that out? Its illegal for them to find out what you are doing with your internet. (they can only see how much you download per week or so.)

So noobish way to threaten us, yet Its amazing how many people get scared by silly things.

So way to go at&t, great way to lose millions of customers. (NOOBS)

Hello,

It is not illegal of them to know what you are doing with you internet connection. They are the service provider. What they will do is montior the higher port rnge for high bandwidth usage. Comcast was doing the same thing with the BitTorrent Throttling. But the FCC stopped that.

Most AT&T customers are for a mobile phone anyways. If they stop the service it is well within their rights to terminate service for abuse. It all depends on how they classify it when they terminate it.

Plus who knows if the FCC will step in like they did with Comcast and stop them before they start.

Cheers,
Mak

i have att uverse with internet. so they do sell more then just phones.. but i dont care there internet sucks. slow ftw!

Meh, Trust me they won't cancel membership or whatever even if they caught you.

Unless you are one of those WACKOS dl over 25 GB per day then that will be an issue.

But seriously, Probably most of my friends do it by downloading their stupid music, and they do hmm atleast 1 gb per day I'd say, and there has not been any problems.
This is just a "BE SCARED FBI IS COMING TO GET YOU" when meh, the chances of that happening is 1 to a billion.

With the introduction of the PS3 people are downloading like 1 GB if not more on games daily, So that will make it even harder to spot you. One day I download 5 GB from the ps3 network! one day! All I am saying its impossible for them to get you unless you honestly crossed the limit. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom