starting my own site need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu98cvc

Solid State Member
hello im looking to start my own site for a club me and a few friends have and im not sure where to start what im looking for is a site that will have a home page and a few other pages such as events photos links and stuff like that i dont need alot of e-mail addresses like i have seen some hosts give you 50 e-mail accounts i saw yahoo has web hosting i even downloaded yahoo site builder im not sure how to use it yet but checking it out my question is whats a good host service for my needs and is there a good program to build a site like this thats is good for beginners thanks

Dreamweaver is good for beginners in my opinion...then again, any WYSIWYG editor is, for the most part.

Search Google for tutorials on HTML editing if you need (not sure what you know so far)...I would suggest looking for a PHP-enabled server, very useful...MySQL wouldn't be bad as well (yeah yeah, I'm a bit biased, I like the open source stuff ;))...

For hosting...just look around, Google :D Most hosting comes with email (when you buy a domain, at least)...I wouldn't really bother looking for it specifically without; just make sure the price is right and it has the features you do want.

Now if you don't mind all those ads, you can use Geocities or Angelfire (or numerous others for that matter), but most people don't like those ;) So yeah, just look around...! And another biased opinion: don't use yahoo--(I just don't like them, tehe)...
-X

if your just makign it for a club or group I would go with something like Yahoo groups. You can do everything you said there and since you dont have a clue where to begin :p I would go there. There is also MSN Groups But I think that Yahoo Groups is better. It's also free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom