Six Months Later, No ISPs Joining RIAA Piracy Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Six Months Later, No ISPs Joining RIAA Piracy Fight

What's up with that? Six months has gone by and not a peep from the RIAA on which ISPs are working with them on its new anti-piracy project. What ever happened to an announcement "within weeks?"

Six months later, the music industry is still waiting to hear from the RIAA which ISPs have explicitly agreed to work with the association. When the RIAA first announced its new antipiracy project, it didn't name partners. Behind the scenes, industry insiders assured the media that the group would disclose the names of partner ISPs "within weeks." Six months later, however, not one ISP has publicly acknowledged working with the RIAA on a "graduated response."

It's too much of a hassle for ISPs and if only some join and others don't, the ones that joined are going to lose out on quite a bit of business. Nobody wants their internet service constantly monitored.

I know it is getting kinda of sad and pitiful... What ever happened to a neutral internet? Did the die the day after the DoD created it?

I know it is getting kinda of sad and pitiful... What ever happened to a neutral internet? Did the die the day after the DoD created it?

Please explain to me how letting people pirate is neutral? Personally I find that, that is making it lean towards the bad side.

Person above charles nailed it...until everyone all at once does it no one will. Because if some do and some don't..the people that do it won't get as much business.

Don't get me started waffle, this isn't a debate, this does show that the internet is NOT neutral, in the fact that an ISP can monitor you, report you for anything you do to another company for personal gains of there own, AND disconnect you or throttle your connection.

I have to agree with Charles on this one.

The fact is this. It is the World Wide Web. It is everywhere and no where at once. We run a piece of software, type in some letters and load up a page that is on a server somewhere in the world.

I dont think that the RIAA has a right to do this because that would give control to the USA and the RIAA over actions taken by people in countries that dont have the same laws.

Piracy and illegal activites aside, this is a way for the RIAA and the USA to assume control over actions taken by sites in other countries which dont have the same laws.

The problem is see here is that you are asking the ISP to play Internet Police and really annoy all their existing customers.

The internet is just a punch of electrons flying around and a **** of a lot of pits and grooves on a platter, and thus, these insignificant specs (a lot of them, hehe) should not be governed by one party, or really, anybody at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom