Recommending a Good Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugabooz

In Runtime
Great prices for what they offer ByetHost.com â—Š Free Web Hosting
I have used them before, and they were great. I had no problems, and the server was fast. Also they give you a free .info when you purchase the 2.99 monthly hosting. They also have decent free hosting.
And No, i do not work for byethost.

How is it spam, all i am doing is recomending a host i have used that is cheap and i like. But go ahead trash it if you want.

another good host is Host Monster. 300GB space and more.

And if a person uses 1/10th of that space, that shared server would likely not be able to sustain the account.

Everyone has heard of overbooking. Airlines sell more seats than they have capacity for, because not everyone shows up. When it's full, they have to turn the overbooked passengers away and book them on another flight.

Overselling in the web hosting industry is similar, except no one is turned away. Everyone gets on the server. Everyone is promised massive space and bandwidth (which can never be delivered). But lets apply overselling rules to an airline scenario:

Everyone shows up (400/200 capacity), and everyone boards, with all their luggage. After all, it was a good deal. Round trip to Japan for only $4.99/ticket. There are people standing in the isles, on other peoples laps, some with their faces sandwiched against the windows. When they start taking off, the plane shutters and struggles to lift off. At about 500ft, the plane begins to stall because its overloaded. The captain gets on the PA, "Attention passengers, those of you weighing over 150lbs are overusing the aircrafts wings, and we are unable to provide sufficient lift for your fatness- we regret to inform you that you will have to find another flight." So then the stewardess opens the door and starts lobbing off the fattest passengers and all their luggage. They all plummet to their death, and the plane continues on course- barely making it, crashing several times on the way. The end...

at the moment i am hosting my site with evohosting.com which is a Linux based php web hosting and cost me £3.5 per month and they even give the hosting for free but the storage space is not that good....

webohtingbuzz.com said:
90% or more of your content on your website must be linked from an HTML or similarly coded web page where all content is freely available to the public. Your website consists of web pages of a standard design, essentially HTML based text and graphics. Downloadable files, media, streaming content or any file which consumes more than 500kb of space must not exceed 10% of your total used disk quota.

When you follow that clause, you aren't left with much wiggle room. And what's interesting is they limit you based on your 'used' disk quota, not your total quota. So if you manage to upload 10MB worth of 'standard web design' elements such as html text, graphics, etc... your account can only hold a maximum of 1MB worth of files over 500kb (thats kilobits, which is just over 60KB- which is any file that is about the size of a medium sized JPEG file or more).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom