question about websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldy40211

Solid State Member
well im new to the site and if this is the wrong forum plz move. ne way, im going to be starting a webisode sometime in the near future and i want to stream it live on my own website i.e. if the show starts at 8 and you come in at 8:15 you'll be fifteen minutes into the show. i want to be able to have advertising and sell products on my website while steaming my webisode. is their a way to do this? also if i have to host through somebody else i need it to were i have all my propierty rights and so forth. if thats correct. lastly i dont have a lot of money. im **** near broke so i need the cheapest way to do this. thanx in advance.

How can we move it when you posted it in multiple forums? Please do NOT do that. It only hampers you getting help.

chris pirillo uses ustream for live broadcasts. i think ustream allows you to post the webisode to multiple other video sharing sites at once.

i dont want to use u-stream because they might want to claim the rights to my show. why cant yall help me with my own website. im not trying to sound mean cause yall are the techies. and im sorry for all the threads had to make sure yall seen it. wont do it again. just help me plz. with a cherry on top. lol

Because to do it with any form of quality or speed you would need expensive software and a VERY good upload speed, If you are worried about Intellectual property ownership issues at a later date I would record and upload to my own server with lots of band with.

Oh and learn this - We can fix it in post.

Ustream is the best way to go, I think. I've used it many times and with their new Ustream Producer software, you can stream in high quality. About it going directly to your site, I would just embed the player. Unless you want to spend big bucks, Ustream will be your best bet.
And you don't have anything to worry about with rights to the content, as far as I know.
The Ustream team is great in terms of support as well.
Hope this helps...

Use Blog TV or something.

To create what you are asking with logins, streaming, selling software.

You are looking are a database, high bandwisth which no home server can manage and being able to do web design.

You are looking at maybe 3,000$ not including the internet line you will be needing. Your best option is to get a book, learn XHTML, Postgre SQL, build a site and look into outsourcing your hosting to a datacenter.

Use Blog TV or something.

To create what you are asking with logins, streaming, selling software.

You are looking are a database, high bandwisth which no home server can manage and being able to do web design.

You are looking at maybe 3,000$ not including the internet line you will be needing. Your best option is to get a book, learn XHTML, Postgre SQL, build a site and look into outsourcing your hosting to a datacenter.

but will they try to take my rights to the website and the show? somebody on another website said you should have your own protocol and some other stuff when you look into web hosting.

Ustream is the best way to go, I think. I've used it many times and with their new Ustream Producer software, you can stream in high quality. About it going directly to your site, I would just embed the player. Unless you want to spend big bucks, Ustream will be your best bet.
And you don't have anything to worry about with rights to the content, as far as I know.
The Ustream team is great in terms of support as well.
Hope this helps...

i dont want to stream it live per se. i just want it like live streaming. for example. if they show is supposed to come on at 8 and you click on my website at 8:15 you'll be fifteen minutes into the show not you come in at 8:15 and the show starts from the begininging

There is no way you can have your own protocol. Plain and simple the web is done over TCP/IP. There is no other protocol you could possibly use to have a website and have it viewed. The main thing is to get a lawyer and make sure that you have everything in place in case you need to take legal action. Such as the propter copyrights. If you dont copyright the information or at least the show name, anyone could do it and then take the show from you.

Also you cant do what you want. There is no way to have a show broadcast and have it shown like a TV show. Where if you come by 15 minutes late you miss those 15 minutes.

If you go to any website in the world do you see this? No. There is no format out there or player out there that does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom