Port Forwarding Problem

boygenius25

Beta member
Hello, I am a tech savvy kid who plays Minecraft and I have a question. I am setting up a Minecraft server, and I cannot port forward it. I have tried many things. I work with a Tenda w268r router and my service is provided by Comcast. My speeds are 14 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload. Can anyone help me? :annoyed:

Hello, I am a tech savvy kid who plays Minecraft and I have a question. I am setting up a Minecraft server, and I cannot port forward it. I have tried many things. I work with a Tenda w268r router and my service is provided by Comcast. My speeds are 14 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload. Can anyone help me? :annoyed:

What do you mean you can't port forward it? Could you be more specific as to what issues you're having?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Dear carnage,

Thank you for responding to my post, and I will answer your question. I set the port on the minecraft server to 25565 and set the port forwarding start port and end port to 25565 and then the " send up address" to my ipv4 address found in command prompt ' s ipconfig, ran the mine craft server, tried to join my public opinion , and nothing.

Try disabling your firewall if you have one enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

First of all. (sorry) What is av?
I was simply using Windows Firewall. All I did was turn it off.
Also screenshot of port forwarding available at View image: kdjnas

AV = Antivirus. Some AV's have built-in Firewall features, so may be a good idea to check that as well.

Did you fully disable Windows Firewall for both public/private networks?

Also, did you set your PC that's running the MC server to the static IP 192.168.0.107 or is it still getting an auto address from DHCP?

Your screenshot looks correct, so your router should be setup correctly.

Yes, windows firewall is completely disabled, and i have no AVs.
However windows defender is up. Is that a problem?

EDIT: Would giving myself a static ip address helP?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom