PHP hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

If the forum you want to use is MySQL based be sure and read the reviews for each and make sure it's available... I didn't read all of them but most seemed to include it as a database choice.

If your forum is a successful one and generates a lot of traffic, as you would hope it would, your main concern may be the "Bandwidth limit /month" spec. There is nothing worst than trying to use your site one morning and getting the dreaded "Bandwidth Exceeded" message - rendering the site useless for the remainder of that month.

So with that in mind get the package with the most allotted bandwidth per month once the storage and forum requirements (MySQL/PHP) are met.

Sorry I can't help with the actually selection process - I'm not familiar with any of those particular sites. :/

Good luck!
Daf

It really depends on the kind of forum you want to host as in software. There are many free PHP forum software packages available (phpBB, Invision Board) to name a few. As well, as the ever popular vBulletin (not free). Each of them require at least 1 mySQL database and should run on the majority of PHP installs that hosts would have these days.

Depending on your free host, you may even get an auto-installer included for phpBB. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom