NetZero = Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex4R

In Runtime
Well, I've decided that I have had it with NetZero. Now to find a new dial up ISP!

I was curious if any of you knew of one that you don't have to use software to connect, that doesn't kick you off after the computer goes idle, or kick you off after 3 hours idle or not, like netzero does.

I would like to prepay a full years service, but if that isn't possible it's fine... Thanks for any recommendations!

Netzero plain sucks! Thats probably the worst ISP I know of. I have much experience with Netzero because I had dial-up for so long. I even tried their 5x faster thing, and it didn't work worth crap. I found a crack to get around using the software, because I got tired of it constantly downloading ads, and they immediately kicked me off, and emailed me and told me they would terminate my accound if I didn't use the software.

Just a question, can you not get DSL or cable where you are? If you can, you should get it. If you can't, then go with SBC Yahoo Dial-up. I don't believe they require that you use a software.

I have been reading up on Cable, and it looks like I have to get their cable TV too, and we already have satellite. Internet from Dish is out of the question, because last I checked it was $100/mo. I'm going to do a little research on DSL, but it may be too much. Paying a full years service will help get me around not having a credit card. I may be able to get my brother to buy pay for it with credit card, though, and I can pay him in advance.

Do you know if Yahoo! will ever kick me off? I would like to be able to connect in the morning before I leave, and let downloads run, and it still be connected when I get home.

Thanks for your reply!

Verizon never went out on my friend. It really just depends on which number you call.

I remember when Netzero was actually free and it used to connect at 41.1K. But that was a long time ago.

Alex4R said:
I have been reading up on Cable, and it looks like I have to get their cable TV too, and we already have satellite. Internet from Dish is out of the question, because last I checked it was $100/mo. I'm going to do a little research on DSL, but it may be too much. Paying a full years service will help get me around not having a credit card. I may be able to get my brother to buy pay for it with credit card, though, and I can pay him in advance.

Do you know if Yahoo! will ever kick me off? I would like to be able to connect in the morning before I leave, and let downloads run, and it still be connected when I get home.

Thanks for your reply!

Where are you in Oklahoma? Most cable companies allow you to get Internet without having TV cable, you just have to pay a little more for it. For instance, with Cox communications, with cable TV, 4mbps is $39.99. If you get stand alone Internet service without cable TV, its $49.99.

*EDIT* Honestly, I don't see how somebody who has broadband options could stick with dial-up. It may be more expensive to go broadband, but the benefits far outweigh the costs.

Trust me, I want it! But I do car audio installs out of my garage, so theres no gurantee that I will have money all the time. I have other things to pay for aswell. During the summertime, I have a fulltime job, so then it wouldn't be a problem. But until I have a job year round, I have to stick with dial up. :(

"PeoplePC" "NetJuno" [part of netzero]

"AOL SUCKS"

Hmm
How about the yellow pages, try to find one....
They're some real good dialup ones out there

Get comcast cable if needed

beedubaya said:
I found a crack to get around using the software.

Could you please let me now how to do that? Been looking around everywhere and cannot find any info on it

It'll be there year 3012 before dsl/cable rolls down my street :(

So I'm stuck with NetZero for now

No Necroposting. You can't get around using the software. If you use the crack, they will find out and terminate your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom