Need Help Real Bad ! Dns Not Updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukihime

Beta member
Ok here is the problem ,

i have recently registered a domain name , www.tsuki-design.net , then i have parked this domain with the registrar company , i bought it from www.aplus.net , few hours later i found a host , so i bought a hosting service from www.webhostingboy.com ,

So far everything was working properly , then when i tried to log on the website , i see a page filled with ads from the registrar company , like it was hosted by them , so i have contacted them asking , why was i seeing that , they told me about propagtion or something actually i have no idea what that is . then i have contacted my host , he told me that everything was in order and he suggested me to check my cookies , temp files , offflines files and dns cache , since my computer was seeing an old version of the site , i dont really understand that part , but anyway i erased everything including the dns cache from ms-dos , with the /flushdns command.

and still it is not working , at home , i still cant see the website , from my office i have been able to see my website , (by that i mean a simple index page , the page i should see from my host) fand i hav tried from 2 friends home , 1 of them see the index page and the other one see the same page as me , the one filled with ads from my registrar , my host also see the index file , and the tech support at www.aplus.net also sees the index page .

So now i am really lost i really dont know what to do the problem is that everytime i log on my website for some reason the computer gets the wrong dns : here is what i mean :

this is the dns i was using when the domain was parked :

- ns1.abac.com
- ns2.abac.com

This is the information i see when i try to log on my website , displayed in my ms-dos /displaydns.

tsuki-design.net
Record name . . . . . : tsuki-design.net
Record Type . . . . . : 1
Time To live . . . . . : 16732
Data Lenght . . . . . : 4
Section . . . . . : Answer
A (Host) Record . . . . . : 66.226.64.21

ns.1.abac.com
Record name . . . . . : ns1.abac.com
A (Host) Record . . . . . :216.55.128.4

ns2.abac.com
Record name . . . . . : ns2.abac.com
A (Host) Record . . . . . :216.55.128.4

So if i delete every record of internet activity on my computer , cookies, history, etc... the first time i will log on the website i will get those informations from the website .

the problem is that i am now registered with a host and this host is :

ns1.webhostingboy.com

ns2.webhostingboy.com

And if you WHOIS my website , you will see that in the WHOIS infos , i am using the www.webhostingboy.com servers , here is what i get from a WHOIS :

-----------------

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.webhostingboy.com
ns2.webhostingboy.com

Registration Service Provider: AplusNet(APRO)
apro-n4e-racc@abac.com

So from here you can see that when i log on my website imy computer should get that the host is ns1.webshotingboy.com
and not ns1.abac.com

----------------

but for some reason the dns wont update , so is there a way to update it manually , or else right now im really really tired of trying to figure out what to do , i dont really wanna format the computer but i will if theres nothing else to do !

If anyone can answer me , i would really appreciate!

Thanx !

I see you ran the /flushdns comand from the ipconfig, did you also register it? ipconfig /registerdns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom