need a good website hosting site

Status
Not open for further replies.
me and my bud are starting a multi platform clan (bf2, cod2, halo, etc) called [CCR] (crack city rockers)

Now the prob is we need a site to host our site, has a home page, recruiting page, stats page, etc...

sugestions? the files are in .htm format. and we need to be able to update the pages when necesary

You can use ZoneEdit (free dns) with DirectUpdate (dynamic dns updater). That will take care of the domain and dynamic IP problems. Then if you have a spare computer laying around (or if your computer can handle hosting + gaming), you can install AppServ.

AppServ is a open source server installation package for Windows that includes Apache, PHP, MySQL, and phpMyAdmin. I used it for a few years back when they first released it and am still using it today as a FTP backup server. It's a lot more secure than IIS5.x too. You can also add an email server (with MercuryMail) and an FTP server (with FileZilla Server), both are free, and run on Windows.

The latest versions are:

AppServ 2.4.7 (more stable)
-Apache 2.0.59
-PHP 4.4.4
-MySQL 5.0.24a
-phpMyAdmin-2.9.0.2

and

Appserv 2.5.7
- Apache 2.2.3
- PHP 5.1.6
- MySQL 5.0.24a
- phpMyAdmin-2.9.0.2

You can find more information and download links at their project website: http://www.appservnetwork.com/

If you need high speed, low latency, dependable hosting, there's a few of us from tech-forums that offer web hosting (Myself, Ross, and Senoma do I think). You can PM us if you need a deal.

But definately consider hosting yourself. It might be a little bit of extra work, but it can save you a few bucks a month on hosting fees.

Good luck with your clan site!

i will look in to that, our website is nearly done, its about 12 pages or so now, getting kinda massive, got pictures and stuff too, so its much easier if i could do it from the pc, too many forms.

but yea i will look in to that when i get back from school i just woke up, gotta leave in like 15 minutses anyways.

ok, i wish u the best of luck with ur site. 110mb has the best support anyone can ever wish for (and for free) there is a link to the forum on the main page if you need help. i have used them for about a month and i have had no problems.

i need more traffic for my website. do you have any ideas?

srry havent been on in a while...

yea the money thing is the problem, i dont got a credit card, and my dad is paranoid about everything...lol, so i gotta get something free.

we were thinking about a file hosting site, and just make the whole site from the pc, and upload it all to the same place, like freewebs, and just have it open a new window that isnt like freewebs, because we have our own custom headers, title, etc...

and elbow, id say just spread the word.

btw, this is our myspace: myspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom