I have a question on VPN

ISolveCubes

Baseband Member
If I've been using a VPN on my phone and it's hiding my internet activity from my ISP and from the company that provides my data plan, is that Internet activity released when I turn off the VPN?

Only the traffic that you continue sending after the VPN is off. The traffic that was transferred through the VPN while it was active is/was encrypted and doesn't get "released" anywhere, other than in logs on the VPN provider's servers (if they do indeed store data).

Okay so once I'm off the VPN the traffic that was going through the the VPN stays encrypted right?

That's up to what VPN service you're using and how they store their logs / retention policy is.

The active traffic is no longer there, but if anything was logged, it'll be on your VPN provider's servers, if they do indeed log traffic.

Most VPN's do.

I guess I should have re-worded.

If they log traffic, and keep those logs for a period of time. Some VPN's have no data retention laws in the countries they operate in, so they dispose of the logs as soon as they're created.

I guess I should have re-worded.

If they log traffic, and keep those logs for a period of time. Some VPN's have no data retention laws in the countries they operate in, so they dispose of the logs as soon as they're created.

True, very true my friend. :)

Back
Top Bottom